• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Lower Grille molding

66tiger289

Donation Time
Can someone Please post pictures of the lower grille molding position and how it clipped on a Tiger MK1A ?

Thanks

Steve

65beam

Donation Time
This photo is of one of my cars during the restoration at Tiger Auto The valance top is a Rob Martel piece but if you look you can see the tape covering the holes for the mounting of the lower grill finisher. The piece runs from the bottom corners of the eyebrow moulding.The factory used rivets but many cut down the eyebrow clips and use them.100_0701.JPG

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
I'm pretty sure you'll need to enlarge the four holes on the valance top if you try to use upper molding hardware. As Bob said, the finishing strip is fastened by rivets where the upper molding clips are much larger and have threaded studs for nuts.

That said, I have NOS Rootes lower finishing rivets on hand. PM if yer interested.

Mark ..... volvoguys (Pa.)

65beam

Donation Time
I'm pretty sure you'll need to enlarge the four holes on the valance top if you try to use upper molding hardware. As Bob said, the finishing strip is fastened by rivets where the upper molding clips are much larger and have threaded studs for nuts.

That said, I have NOS Rootes lower finishing rivets on hand. PM if yer interested.

Mark ..... volvoguys (Pa.)
Mark, guys like Doug that made their living restoring beams covered their bases in situations like this. If using the original valance top the rivets are easy to use. Rob's panels were not drilled so they could also be used on early series Alpines and in the case of this car he knew where to drill the holes and it is mounted with the rivets. I know of one car that took a hit in the front and things got a little buggered up. Which was easier, weld up and redrill or use the grinder to cut down and make a slight modification. I also found another use for the eyebrow clips. They fit perfectly into the side trim for a LeMans and made them much easier to mount. There were a few places where I soldered a pin in the trim and used the clips for Alpine scripts. Some modification required.