• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Loom Connectors

skywords

Donation Time
Hello All
I am working off some discrepancies in my Series II. This car is fairly stock with the exception of a 1725. The squak I fixed this evening was the non operating fuel gauge. My first step was to disconnect it at the sender and the gauge being the wire (green black) and run an outside wire in it's place. Presto the gauge came to life. Ok now to find the open in the wire. I replaced the connector at the sender hoping this was it but no soap. OK the wire diagram shows a connector under the control box they really mean voltage regulator. Now I see the wire is disconnected at this set of plugs. Huum I wonder why? O well just hook it up you say, Ha! does any human have hands that can fit in this area? No I don't think so. Now one has to ask themselves why would grown men put the connectors in such a place? To many Bass Beers I suspect. Now after the thousands of Series I cars built in this way why would they not relocate the connectors in the Series II cars. Just about eight inches south and they would become accessable to human hands. I'll be damned if I was going to pull the clutch master cylinder to do this job so I fished the female end up where I could reach it and cut a section of an old harness and spliced it in eight inches south. Now the gauge works. But my harness has been raped you say, Yep I don't like it anymore than the next guy.
The million dollar question is are the later Series cars like this or did they get smart.

Rick