• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Looking for patch panels for series 2

londoner

Gold Level Sponsor
Hello, I am looking for patch panels for my 1963 series 2 Alpine. Is there anyone on here who can guid me in the right direction? Many thanks John

Attachments

• 20200102_151715.jpg
    20200102_151715.jpg
    339.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 20200102_151721.jpg
    20200102_151721.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 20200102_151644.jpg
    20200102_151644.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 60

londoner

Gold Level Sponsor
Thats great! Looks like a guy in NH where I live! Thanks. Have you had any luck buying from the UK ? I am from London and go back a couple of times a year.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
There's several suppliers in the UK. I'll try to get them uploaded for you.

65 Sunbeam goes over several times a year also. You should make contact with him. HE is also our Membership Guy.....

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Try Robert Jaarsma in Cornish. He may have used panels as he has lots of parts.
He's somewhere on this forum, but you can PM me and I'll give you his email.
Cheers!
Steve

londoner

Gold Level Sponsor
Thanks for the info guys. I have had this car for a long time and looking forward to getting it back on the road. The original owner is a friend of mine and it was his Dads race car back in the 60 s

alpine_64

Donation Time
What was the division it raced in and what was his name? Are you planning to restore it back to a race car?

londoner

Gold Level Sponsor
What was the division it raced in and what was his name? Are you planning to restore it back to a race car?
Not sure which division but his son tells me he raced at Loudon NH at that time and he sent me a picture which I will try to upload. I am planning to restore back to original as possible as my Mrs wants to drive it also and she typically gets what she wants!

Attachments

• IMG_3565.jpg
    IMG_3565.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 28

alpine_64

Donation Time
Steve Silverstein on this forum Sunbeam74 traces the race history of the alpines. He may have info on the car.

Pity it wont be returned to its race spec. Do you have photos of the motor in place before you pulled it apart? Br interesting to see if they did the factory tunning mods. Bracing the carbs, engine to firewall stabilizer etc.

Jaars

Gold Level Sponsor
Hi,
Where are you located in NH? I am in Cornish!
Is this a car which raced when Don Frye and Stan Hallahan raced Sunbeams at Loudon?
I saw an Alpine at Don's years ago and his wife still had a green Tiger. I hauled a lot of parts from them as well as a couple of Hillmans.
As far as your parts needs aree, I have doors, hoods, trunk lids, rear fenders. The fronts I keep just in case I ever hit a deer or such.
Contact me at 64venezia (at) gma.l (dot) c..

londoner

Gold Level Sponsor
Hi,
Where are you located in NH? I am in Cornish!
Is this a car which raced when Don Frye and Stan Hallahan raced Sunbeams at Loudon?
I saw an Alpine at Don's years ago and his wife still had a green Tiger. I hauled a lot of parts from them as well as a couple of Hillmans.
As far as your parts needs aree, I have doors, hoods, trunk lids, rear fenders. The fronts I keep just in case I ever hit a deer or such.
Contact me at 64venezia (at) gma.l (dot) c..
Hi I am in New Boston NH The car was purchased new in 1963 in Amherst NH where it stayed. It was owned by the Hendrix family from Amherst. I will reach out to them to see if they have any more info. The car has less than 10k on the clock and the guy I bought it from told me he seized the engine around 1976 and they pushed it into the barn where it stayed.

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
I've run across a Hendrix racing an Alpine in some of the New England Region newsletters (Pit talk). The car would have run in F-production. It would be great to see some pictures of it racing if they still had them and would let you scan them. Even in the bare shell it looks like it might have had the upper engine mount addition to stabilize the engine from rocking.

If you find out the dates it raced (196? to 196?) I might be able to narrow the search and find a program or two which it was listed.

Check your rear axle to see if it has Limited Slip. It would be worth checking.

Steve

londoner

Gold Level Sponsor
I've run across a Hendrix racing an Alpine in some of the New England Region newsletters (Pit talk). The car would have run in F-production. It would be great to see some pictures of it racing if they still had them and would let you scan them. Even in the bare shell it looks like it might have had the upper engine mount addition to stabilize the engine from rocking.

If you find out the dates it raced (196? to 196?) I might be able to narrow the search and find a program or two which it was listed.

Check your rear axle to see if it has Limited Slip. It would be worth checking.

Steve
Hi Steve, Thanks for the reply! I reached out to the original owners son in regard to racing history and this was his reply "This picture, as you can see, shows that he ran this car in SCCA F production. He raced it new in 1963 until 1968 at bryar motorsports Park, lime rock, Thompson and Walkens Glenn.I will watch out for any other sunbeam memorabilia from back in the day. I would be really interested to see your cars! I dropped off my front end yesterday to Randy Willet who is refurbing it for me. Great to see some cars is process of being restored! It gave me a boost!
I am going to put the rear end on the bench later today to check the diff.
All the best, John