• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Looking for my dads Alpine

Ducman82

Donation Time
My father Grady Myers Sold his 69 (pretty sure) Red Alpine to a couple in Spokane WA in late 90's-2000. We restored the car in Spokane and sold it when he could no longer drive it (bad legs) when we lived in Post Falls ID.

I figured this chapter would be the right place to see if anyone knew of the car. id post some pictures, but it looks like every other Red Alpine. LOL

im trying to track down the VIN. it has WA plate FINNZ

if its for sale, id like to get it, or at least see where she ended up.

thanks guys

Jake Myers
USAF

RootesRooter

Donation Time
Don't recall seeing a "FINNZ" plate west of the mountains in the Seattle area. The name suggests an earlier series, big-fin Alpine, 1959-63. Photos DO often help.

Note: In 1994 on the way to SUNI II my Series V thru a fan blade in Boise. In Post Falls, ID the owner of a white Series II took me to the home of someone with a red Series II where that fellow gave me an extra fan. It's been on the car ever since. I later mailed the fellow a Series II Special Tuning manual. I wonder if that was Grady?

Ducman82

Donation Time
LOL! i remember him talking about that! i for the life of me cant remember the name of the guy with the white one...... and you are correct, it was a 63 alpine. i found some pictures of the restoration. ill have to find a scanner or take good close ups.

My dad was big in to the british scene.. MG's, Alpines, Morgan 2 wheels, and a Morris Minor.

i got some more pictures, i just need to find them.

small world!

Ducman82

Donation Time
here are a few pictures.

i do remember the Badge rack on the front bumper was a one off custom job. i think dad used a hand towel rack from Restoration Hardware... LOL

Attachments

• sunbeam1.jpg
    sunbeam1.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 67
  • sunbeam1-2.jpg
    sunbeam1-2.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 85
  • sunbeam1-1.jpg
    sunbeam1-1.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 85

Ducman82

Donation Time
I should also add that my father was one of the founding member of NW British Classics. Along with Bob Hughes, Paul King and Brad Eells

Last edited:

RootesRooter

Donation Time
Love those spinners mounted on the hubcaps. The only other time I've seen that on a Sunbeam was just a few weeks ago, where a Tiger on eBay had spinners on later-style hubcaps.

1fineAlpine

Gold Level Sponsor
Don't mean to bump an old thread, but just wanted to say, I live (lived, I moved to Priest River 4 years ago but still work in Spokane mon-fri) and don't recall seeing your dads Alpine. But I will keep an eye out.

Ducman82

Donation Time
thanks for the look out! I'm still poking around back in the NW. I just moved to Los Angeles, so i have been busy.