• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
I TRIED 4 TIMES TO LOG IN THIS MORNING FROM MY PHONE AND IT LOCKED ME OUT FINALLY BECAUSE MY PASS WORD WAS INCORRECT BUT I LOGGED IN FIRST TIME FROM THE DESKTOP THIS IS SOMETHING I HAVE BEEN DOING FROM MY PHONE SINCE NEW. THIS HAS BECOME A RIGHT PAIN IN THE ASS TO DEAL WITH!!!!!!!

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
As an Officer of the SAOCA I frequently have my password changed automatically as a security precaution. Not a real problem with my desktop, But as you say (Joel) a real pain in the backside on the phone. There is a way on the phone to handle it but I am too stupid to learn how so I just wait till I can get back to a laptop or desk....

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
Dan thanks for the Insight I just tried to log in and got nothing but poop from the site so this is what I'm goning to to do. AS OF NOW I WILL ANSWER NO PRIVATE MESSAGES ON THIS FORM IF YA WANT TO ASK ME A QUESTION OR SOME ADVICE OR? SEND ME AN EMAIL I'M JUST NOT INTERESTED IN DEALING WITH THIS poop ANY MORE jkgriffs@yahoo.com

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
Joel,

Other than the website being down for a couple of hours last Wednesday morning, I have had no problem logging in from my desktop, my laptop, my tablet or my smartphone.

If you can log in from your desktop, but not from your phone, it is likely that the problem has something to do with your phone. Smartphones are computers and suffer from the same problems. A "reboot" or "restart" solves a lot of computer problems, so I suggest that you restart your cellphone. That is NOT the same as turning the cellphone off / on. On Android phones, restart is a selection after pushing the power button. Not sure about an iPhone, but probably something similar.

If you still cannot log in after restarting the smartphone, you will probably need to re-enter and save your password. If that still does not work, you may have to update or delete / re-install the browser.

Stuff happens with computers; fix it and forget about it until it happens again (which it probably will).

HTH

65beam

Donation Time
We've had problems logging in using the lap top and the tablet. I won't even ask the wife to try using her phone.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I have a new SAMSUNG. Only because my old one (Samsung) was dropped a few time too many, cracking the screen and then it was said some of the Verizon programs were nolonger available for it.

Up graded to this new model only a couple months ago.

I have had to learn over again some of the basic functions because things have changed.

If I make a phone call and just so happen not to touch the speaker icon, but later go back, it goes haywire and I can not do anything but listen until it decides to quit giving me instructions that are repeats and more repeats until it stops repeating.

Makes me want to trash it! But that is money wasted.

Best thing I've found is to find a young kid about 9 or 10 years old and ask for help OR GO TO MY LAPTOP or DESKTOP:) Before I really get mad!

Attempting to log in the the SAOCA Forum has not been a problem for me, But what has been is when I utilize my SAMSUNG, which I do most frequently, should I get one of the "automatic" notices for the Officers security that I need a new login or password, I have not yet figured on how to retrieve the
"temporary" code ???

So I have to go to the laptop or desktop, retrieve the code then enter it utilizing the SAMSUNG. Having only about 15 minutes to accomplish this can be tough for an olde man:)

Looks like I need to read the Instructions that came with the SAMSUNG some more.

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
Dan ... Having a young kid around is a plus. Up until just a couple years ago I didn't have a clue what copy and paste was or how to do it. My daughter was the one who showed me as this tech is not my thing, neither do I have a cell phone nor have a absolute need or want for one ... My Toshiba laptop is going on 14 yr.s old ... screen has been replaced(by me) twice .... it's a little slow and tempermental at times ... but then again in my advancing years so am I! .. :D .... Wish I could help, Best of Luck

...... David

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
I regularly use my Samsung phone, my iPad and two different desktops to access the SAOCA site. It is annoying that I must frequently do the two part log in procedure - you know, the site sends a code to my email, I copy it, paste it to the SAOCA log in and go from there. I guess there are enough paranoid folks about computers that this is necessary - even if annoying. Other than that I have no issues accessing the site with any of my several devices. P

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
I TRIED 4 TIMES TO LOG IN THIS MORNING FROM MY PHONE AND IT LOCKED ME OUT FINALLY BECAUSE MY PASS WORD WAS INCORRECT BUT I LOGGED IN FIRST TIME FROM THE DESKTOP THIS IS SOMETHING I HAVE BEEN DOING FROM MY PHONE SINCE NEW. THIS HAS BECOME A RIGHT PAIN IN THE ASS TO DEAL WITH!!!!!!!

I understand your frustration. I avoid the issue by keeping a list of my various log in names and passwords where I can readily double check if needed. P

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I regularly use my Samsung phone, my iPad and two different desktops to access the SAOCA site. It is annoying that I must frequently do the two part log in procedure - you know, the site sends a code to my email, I copy it, paste it to the SAOCA log in and go from there. I guess there are enough paranoid folks about computers that this is necessary - even if annoying. Other than that I have no issues accessing the site with any of my several devices. P
Paul, If I could figure a way when using my Cell phone to put it on "hold" or some other such function and get the "Code" from the E-mail then go back to the Cell to type or paste the "new code" I would be fine.... Just can't figure a way to to it easily. Always have to go to another computer which in many cases is not available especially when I out of town or away from my desk top...

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
I never enabled 'two step verification' for my user profile, so I don't have to enter pass codes delivered out of band at login time. Maybe SAOCA site administrators have it enabled by default (or are required to have it enabled).

Mike

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Maybe SAOCA site administrators have it enabled by default (or are required to have it enabled)
I believe that is correct. We all have to re-verify using the process Paul described. I found it annoying at first, but quickly got used to it. And, given that there has been at least one pretty convincing attempt at scamming the club out of money by someone pretending to be me, I don't think the annoyance is too much to put up with.

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
Paul, If I could figure a way when using my Cell phone to put it on "hold" or some other such function and get the "Code" from the E-mail then go back to the Cell to type or paste the "new code" I would be fine.... Just can't figure a way to to it easily. Always have to go to another computer which in many cases is not available especially when I out of town or away from my desk top...
Dan you can easily do the login verification with your phone. When the SAOCA site sends you a verification code it arrives by email. Press the button on the bottom of the phone and go to the email site - open the message with the code - hold your finger down on the code until the code is highlighted and you get an option to "copy". Copy the code. Press the button on the bottom of the phone and return to the internet site with SAOCA. Hold your finger down on the highlighted area until it gives you the option to "paste". Press paste and it will load the verification code. Hit return and you are logged in. It is easier to do than it is to write about it. P

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks for those instructions!!! That is what I was wanting :)

I knew someone would know!

You are a real Gentleman,