• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Lizard Skin

weaselkeeper

Silver Level Sponsor
Has anyone had any experience w/ "Lizard Skin", undercoating and soundproofing? I've seen a lot about it. mostly in hot rod mags and such, but would like some first hand knowledge. Thanks in advance.

skywords

Donation Time
Never heard of it but I guess the real question would be what does it smell like when it starts to outgas from the heat of the exhaust pipes. After all these cars and other old brit cars have that wonderful buoque of aromas that come from a touch of fuel, exhaust, burned oil and plasticizers. I would hate to introduce a rotton egg in that.

J

jhtrevey

I went through all the investigative brain damage on sound deadening about a year ago. "Second Skin" was my choice. Pretty pleased with the results.