1. Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible.

Enjoy.

Dismiss Notice

Lifetime Membership

Discussion in 'SAOCA Members and Discussion Forum' started by 63alpine, Jan 12, 2019.

1. 63alpine

63alpine Diamond Level Sponsor

I’m sure it’s been discussed in the past but, Eric, what are yours and the boards thoughts about creating a one-time payment level for a Lifetime Membership?

2. 65sunbeam

65sunbeam SAOCA Membership Director Platinum Level Sponsor

I don't think it has been discussed before that I know of. I was in several clubs that years ago offered lifetime memberships and all phased them out. I would have no idea what a fair payment would be let alone how many would be interested. What is your experience with that option Mark? thanks, Eric

3. Series6

Series6 Past President Gold Level Sponsor

Not discussed while I was on the Board

4. RootesRooter

RootesRooter Platinum Level Sponsor

I recall that SAOC tried it and regretted it, as it put a real damper on dues in the long run.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  5. 63alpine

63alpine Diamond Level Sponsor

I have been a long time Sunbeam owner, since 1983, but not a regular member/participant. It tends to be an afterthought TBH. I could see a select few long term owners who might make a larger upfront commitment and then feel more vested long term. This group would likely still ‘donate’ annually but may see other benefits. The influx of investment may help start a long term project. Just a thought.