• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

lemans

alpine_64

Donation Time
Bob,

Now i know why you trailer the car everywhere.. some git has stolen the gauze out of your aircleaners... good thing you are able to trailer it around so those zeniths dont suck in small animals and stones.

Also.. what happened to the SUNBEAM letters on the front? :eek:

65beam

Donation Time
michael,
way back in 1984 the car was parked at the local sears store while the wife was spending money. all of a sudden we heard a page asking that the owner of the red sunbeam in the parking lot needed to go to the office. jean went there and i went out the front door. i found that a young guy driving his father's 4x4 had put his trailer hitch thru the grill. when we had it repaired i did away with the front letters. as for the air filters, i always wondered why they sold these cars with what i would term stone screens.

alpine_64

Donation Time
:cool:
michael,
way back in 1984 the car was parked at the local sears store while the wife was spending money. all of a sudden we heard a page asking that the owner of the red sunbeam in the parking lot needed to go to the office. jean went there and i went out the front door. i found that a young guy driving his father's 4x4 had put his trailer hitch thru the grill. when we had it repaired i did away with the front letters. as for the air filters, i always wondered why they sold these cars with what i would term stone screens.

Bob im sorry to hear it got hit.. my SII got bumped on the front by a lady in a 4x4 back in 2005. She decided she was in the wrong lane at the lights and despite my horns and yelling reversed into the front of the car ARGH. I did however put the letters back on after.. the irony is my MKIA Tiger has letters when it should have the shaved front... we should swap!

As for the "stone screens".. have you thought of cutting a foam filter and placing them inside.. could even have nice bright red foam so that it sets the bodywork off! :cool:

lemansvk

Donation Time
:cool:

Bob im sorry to hear it got hit.. my SII got bumped on the front by a lady in a 4x4 back in 2005. She decided she was in the wrong lane at the lights and despite my horns and yelling reversed into the front of the car ARGH.

Ahhh memories... When I finally got my car driveable after the restoration, the first time I drove it any further than up and down the street, I got rear-ended by a Nissan Pulsar at a set of lights. Broad daylight, 500 yards visibility and I had been stopped in a queue for at least 30 seconds - talk about asleep at the wheel.

Damage was confined to the bumper and rear 'guard and was fixed at a panel shop owned by a friend. The upside was that I got a better re-chroming job on the bumper second time around. 6 months later I had the car at British Car Day, a fellow Sunbeam owner said "Nice, but why are your rear over-riders on upside down?" :eek:

Vic

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
At the risk of piling on... My first Alpine -- which was my first car -- was crunched severely (in the front) in my own driveway. By my own mom. It never recovered. I did. :eek:

Ken