• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

LeMans logo on valve cover

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Does anybody know how the LeMans logo on valve cover was applied ? Was it diescasted separately and glued on top or part of the entire cover diecast, If it´s a separate part think many guys could be interested in a reproduction run.

Bernd

65beam

Donation Time
lemans valve cover

the plate has two rivets holding it to the valve cover.we thought about having some made way back in the early 80's when TT had the plates for the glove box door reproduced , but it never got done.

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Thanks´. However it´s a pity that no reproductions are available. Think it would be a hot seller since many HLM´s missing their original engine...

AlpineIan

SAOCA Founder
Don't want to hijack this thread, but I thought this was related. I've not made reproductions of the valve cover plate, but Dave Kellogg and I were playing with the Aluminum Harrington deck scripts I had made up and thought they looked pretty good on the valve cover. I also made up the LeMans scripts in aluminum and I think one of those might look good too... if you were missing the original badge, of course. Could be a nice substitute.

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Don't want to hijack this thread, but I thought this was related. I've not made reproductions of the valve cover plate, but Dave Kellogg and I were playing with the Aluminum Harrington deck scripts I had made up and thought they looked pretty good on the valve cover. I also made up the LeMans scripts in aluminum and I think one of those might look good too... if you were missing the original badge, of course. Could be a nice substitute.

Sounds not to bad. Let´s stay in touch about it. Thanks

AlpineIan

SAOCA Founder
I do have one extra LeMans valve cover that I'm keeping as a spare. I might sell it if the money was right. I'd listen to offers. I was going to put it on my Harrington Alpine, but decided that it wan't a good idea.

When I get home I'll set a script on the valve cover and snap a few pics for you.

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
I do have one extra LeMans valve cover that I'm keeping as a spare. I might sell it if the money was right. I'd listen to offers. I was going to put it on my Harrington Alpine, but decided that it wan't a good idea.

When I get home I'll set a script on the valve cover and snap a few pics for you.

Thanks will send you a separate mail.

Bernd