• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Leather pull handle for S1 top cover

PawPaw

Silver Level Sponsor
Im in need of a picture/pictures of the leather pull handle for the S1. Mine did not have one when I aquired the car.

Thanks
PawPaw

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I just became the proud owner of a Series I back in December. PO was Alan Ballard.

Haven't had much time to look it over very well but don't remember mine having a "leather" handle either.

Perhaps I can take a look tomorrow....

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
The leather pull handles are missing on almost all SI cars. Cutted mine from a leather sheet and mounted it with sheet metal screws plus chrome cups using the original holes in the centre flap. The leather strip has round profile on both ends. Can post a picture later...

alpine_64

Donation Time
I just became the proud owner of a Series I back in December. PO was Alan Ballard.

Haven't had much time to look it over very well but don't remember mine having a "leather" handle either.

Perhaps I can take a look tomorrow....
It's a pull handle strap that goes on the rear panel to open the soft top storage bin.
Iirc later in series I they may have used a metal handle like the boot ( trunk) handle... But the early cars did have a pull strap secured each side

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Pls. find a picture here. It's a bit bleached from 30 years of sunlight exposure after restoration, so could use a bit of Black shoe polish. Dimensions are 12 x 1.5 cm. Thickness like any normal leather belt, i.e. 2-3mm. Made it acc. to dimensions of an original from another car:

Attachments

• IMG_1666.jpg
    IMG_1666.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

PawPaw

Silver Level Sponsor
Pls. find a picture here. It's a bit bleached from 30 years of sunlight exposure after restoration, so could use a bit of Black shoe polish. Dimensions are 12 x 1.5 cm. Thickness like any normal leather belt, i.e. 2-3mm. Made it acc. to dimensions of an original from another car:
Thanks. This is a big help.