• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Le Mans carbs

Limey

Donation Time
Hi all,

Where the Zenith carbs on a Le Mans different in any way (jets; chokes etc) from standard Alpine Zeniths?

Many thanks in advance

Oliver

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
Yes, I think they used a 150 main jet.
I have documented ALL the changes in a SAOCA newsletter article. You should look it up
jan

Harrington Jan

Donation Time
Oliver,
Of course you will find the settings at the H-site, where else. There are much more to read too. /www.harringtonalpine.org/index.php?categoryid=72

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Talking about HLM carb specifics: The parts list states dedicated LeMans air filters under part# 1208711. Does anybody have a clue what actually was different, i.e. different or no wire mesh ?

65beam

Donation Time
carbs

the lemans air filters had no gauze in them. they only stopped large objects. if i remember right the lemans also had two WIP carbs instead of a WIA and a WIP. look at my photobucket and you'll see the original air filters. everything under the hood except for a few minor details is as was except for not having the booster. this car has only recorded 26 K miles of driving.

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
thought so considering HLM`s 150 main jets. Fortunately I got a pair with no gauze in them...

Limey

Donation Time
Hi Jan,

I have a pair with 145 jets but who sells the 150s and the other Zenith jets to make a '150' Harrington carb set? Anybody you know?

Ta!

Oliver

Ps almost have secured a pair of microcell seats. round topped unfortunately. Have you any shots of the correct shape of the back rest?

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
but make sure to run the 150´s only in combination with 30mm venturi tubes. Otherwise mixture will get to rich...

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
Limey I sent you a comprehensive set of pictures of my LeMans. Never got a reply if you ever received them. If you did, you would be looking at a completely original LeMans interior and I believe you would have a picture of an original microseat amongst the group. If not let me know. Even though I put dual webers on my LeMans, to replicate the stage III tuning, I have the original Zenith 150's with the modified head. As pointed out earlier mine originally came with a no gauze wire mesh set of filters.

Cheers
Jerry