• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Late Series Hardtop Weight

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Does anyone know the approximate weight of the late Series hardtop with all the mounting hardware, glass and trim intact? I need to know for a shipping estimate and any input would be much appreciated.

Rick

ernestovumbles

Gold Level Sponsor
Mine weighs just under 55 pounds on a bathroom scale not very scientifically done..

50868063641_7b1e4b1a73_b.jpg

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Definitely close. Will be under 85lbs for sure. I can handle one of mine "finished" with Dynamat, 4 coats brushed on Lizard skin and 1/4 inch insulated floor underlay. How's that for an about the bush weight :)

Problem is not weight but cube dimensions for shipping.

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Definitely close. Will be under 85lbs for sure. I can handle one of mine "finished" with Dynamat, 4 coats brushed on Lizard skin and 1/4 inch insulated floor underlay. How's that for an about the bush weight :)

Problem is not weight but cube dimensions for shipping.

Thanks Dan. What size would you say the crate needs to be?

Rick

Scotty

Silver Level Sponsor
Does anyone know the approximate weight of the late Series hardtop with all the mounting hardware, glass and trim intact? I need to know for a shipping estimate and any input would be much appreciated.

Rick

If you find a shipping outfit who does pick up/drop off shipping that will deliver to California, please let me know.

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
If you find a shipping outfit who does pick up/drop off shipping that will deliver to California, please let me know.

There are lots of shippers who will pick up and drop off in California. The best way to find one for your specific needs is to contact U-Ship.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
If it's not padded and on a pallet it'd be buyer beware. Put em on the deck like they go on the car and it's highly likely to damage the hold down clamps, plus the corners can easily get damaged. Location and price are a consideration plus there's no substitute for removing the corner pads and inspecting someone's work or the covered up drain holes in the corners.
When I've tried to sell one here it's been like Bring a Trailer. Someone that got banned plus another did their best to beat my pinata...
That said it's considerably harder to find one since you can't buy a whole car for $$$ cheap pick the top and then resell it like we used to.