• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Late Series Hardtop Buttons

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
I'm looking for 2 of the small buttons that attach the hinge to the 1/4 lite windows on the factory hardtop. There are two sizes and I need the smaller of the two. Does anyone have a couple sitting in a parts box they would sell me? Thanks for any help on this.

Rick Guest

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Can't remember for sure the size, But, I think I had some made a few years ago out of stainless steel and polished to like mirror finish. Think they were 3/4" dia.

Thought of doing them again! Cost was not effective for my pocket book because I only had a dozen made.

If there were enough HardTop Owners interested I might have another go. This time do both the 5/8" and the 3/4" buttons.

If any of you Guys are interested, I'll ask my Draftsman/Engineer?

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
Can't remember for sure the size, But, I think I had some made a few years ago out of stainless steel and polished to like mirror finish. Think they were 3/4" dia.

Thought of doing them again! Cost was not effective for my pocket book because I only had a dozen made.

If there were enough HardTop Owners interested I might have another go. This time do both the 5/8" and the 3/4" buttons.

If any of you Guys are interested, I'll ask my Draftsman/Engineer?

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
You can use rear glass buttons from a 1999 Chevy Astro van. You will have to go to a bone yard I think, but its the side glass buttons work well with the quarter window on our cars hardtop

Last edited:

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
You can use rear glass buttons from a 1999 Chevy Astro van. You will have to go to a bone yard I think, but its the side glass buttons work well with the quarter window on our cars hardtop

Now that is what I would say is a very nice bit of interchangeability for the Alpines.

Many thanks George!