• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

LAT 9

davida4speed

Silver Level Sponsor
There are repro LAT 9 wheels out there.Are these any good? I heard they were a little heavy. Any knowledge on these wheels would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

alpine_64

Donation Time
Are you reffering to the 1980s recasts of the LAT9 pie cutters? The original LAT9 have a reputation for beimg porus and the repro was a higher density casting.

There are repro LAT70s which are essier to find. If you really want the pie cutters id hunt the tiger forums

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
The fellow who repoped them in OKLAHOMA sold several to the an online vendor. If you want Chester's contact in OK. Let me know.

davida4speed

Silver Level Sponsor
The fellow who repoped them in OKLAHOMA sold several to the an online vendor. If you want Chester's contact in OK. Let me know.
I like the vintage look and more sidewall than I can get with a 15 inch wheel. Also I don't want the wheel out past the fender, so I'm pretty much looking at 5-5.5 inch width. I have read that they are hard to balance on machines due to the one piece center. I also like the Silverstones. Yes I'd like info on Chester. Was he the guy who had them recast?

davida4speed

Silver Level Sponsor
Are you reffering to the 1980s recasts of the LAT9 pie cutters? The original LAT9 have a reputation for beimg porus and the repro was a higher density casting.

There are repro LAT70s which are essier to find. If you really want the pie cutters id hunt the tiger forums
Yes I'm referring to the pie mag. Thanks for your info.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Yes Chester sold most of the wheels he had made to Sunbeamtigerparts.com owner. Chester still may have some extras and he does have a mold for them. PM me your number