• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

LAT-8 Tiger valve covers.

64beam

Donation Time
Hi,

I would like a set of LAT-8 style valve covers (Tiger - Powered by Ford) and I have been looking around at a few of the usual suppliers. Sunbeam Specialties state that theirs are made from the original tooling for the best fitting. Are they the best supplier for the valve covers or is anyone thinking of selling theirs? Are there any fitting issues to take into account (original setup)?

Thank you, Robin.

64beam

Donation Time
Hi,

Thanks for the reply Bill. Could I ask someone to please send send Rick at SS an email regarding shipping cost to Victoria, Australia 3975 using the cheapest USPS airmail service including insurance. I always have issues sending emails to comcast. My Uncle in the US is with them and I am forever being blocked. Thank you in advance.

Kind regards, Robin.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Hi,

Thanks for the reply Bill. Could I ask someone to please send send Rick at SS an email regarding shipping cost to Victoria, Australia 3975 using the cheapest USPS airmail service including insurance. I always have issues sending emails to comcast. My Uncle in the US is with them and I am forever being blocked. Thank you in advance.

Kind regards, Robin.

Rob,

I find its best to call Rick.. failing that FAX.. he doesnt respond to email very often. Have you tried locally.. i think there are some people with spare sets.

64beam

Donation Time
Rob,

I find its best to call Rick.. failing that FAX.. he doesnt respond to email very often. Have you tried locally.. i think there are some people with spare sets.

Hi Michael,

Do you know if the UK suppliers get their valve covers from the same place? They are similar in price, but not sure about quality. I haven't tried locally. Do you know who my have a spare set?

Thanks, Robin.

mikephillips

Donation Time
Be aware that depending on the type of rockers you have you may find you need to remove the baffles fastened inside the cast valve covers.

Jeff Howarth

Donation Time
If you are running Roller cam and lifters you will need to remove the baffles.I believe rick at SS has either

Hi,
Rick has the original Buddy Bar moulds and they are top quality.

Somke do make it to the UK, if you are stuck, I have a spare set, but I think Rick has them in stock again now.
He is on +1 408 371 1642

regards

Jeff

jmthehermit

Donation Time
For a quick smile go to ebay and search for item #120467601379. One pair of covers that are used and need a good polishing and most likely have the baffles installed for only $850 buy it now.:eek: Sunbeam Specialties has the original Buddy Bar castings with the option to install or omit the baffles for $285 a pair. Some people just don't have a clue!

64beam

Donation Time
Be aware that depending on the type of rockers you have you may find you need to remove the baffles fastened inside the cast valve covers.

Hi Mike,

I assume that you are only talking about aftermarket rockers (I'm running standard setup). I remember seeing that on the SS site.

Regards, Robin.

64beam

Donation Time
For a quick smile go to ebay and search for item #120467601379. One pair of covers that are used and need a good polishing and most likely have the baffles installed for only $850 buy it now.:eek: Sunbeam Specialties has the original Buddy Bar castings with the option to install or omit the baffles for $285 a pair. Some people just don't have a clue!

$850 does seem a little excessive...maybe they are original LAT's :cool: . If they are from the original mould, in my eyes they are not reproductions (even better ;) ).