• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Last post in a thread is cut off?

G

greenbeam

I've noticed that the end of each thread is cut off in the new forum. That is, there are a number of posts in a thread. The last post might have the darker blue 'header stripe', but then is truncated. I've tried resizing the browser window, forcing a page refresh, but no change.

I'm using Safari on a MacBook Pro, and haven't noticed this behaviour on any other forum. Will try IE and Firefox.

Cheers,
Paul in Adelaide
paul at bit d0t net
(plus add .au at the end of the email address)

A

AlpineIan

Yah... I'm going to talk to Paul tonight about removing the forum from the frames. Seems it is causing several problems. I believe it is also not allowing us to remember logins when changing pages either.

PaulK

Gold Level Sponsor
I have taken it out of the frame, let me know if this helps. I have been watching this develope today but can not make the changes at work, am home now and we will see.:)

Paul

ozzie alpine

Bronze Level Sponsor
I have the same problem with the bottom of pages being cut off "mid-post", in some cases losing several posts.
The only way I can get around it is to limit the number of posts to 5 on each page. Using more than 5 posts (or the forum default) leads to problems.

I'm using IE6 SP2, and have the same problem on the office PC (not that I spend my office time surfing the forum of course;) )

Otherwise I love it!

Wombat

Donation Time
I had noticed this earlier, but have looked at a couple of the multi-page threads and it seems that whatever has been done has fixed the problem. I am running IE6 SP2 on a Win98 machine.

Thanks for the good work.

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
It still doesn't work right for me.
I have to go to the top where it lists all the posters and click on "show more posts" or some such.
Help?????