• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Lash Adjustment - something odd

JMSiragusa

Gold Level Sponsor
valve lash adjustment.jpg

The attached image shows the #5 cylinder of 2.8L Ford V6. The valve lash was recently done with this odd setting for the intake for the #5 cylinder. The adjusting nut seemed to go much further than all the other adjustments for all the other cylinders. I thought a push rod was bent and replaced it, but have the same adjustment. The rest of the engine is relatively quiet, but this one cylinder still can be heard to tick. The lifter is not hydraulic, so this is not a collapsed lifter, right? The rocker arm seems fine. Anyone ever encounter something like this? Just thought I would ask before I begin to get back into it. Is there anything I could have done wrong when setting the clearance that would cause this?

Thank you in advance for any thoughts.

John S.