• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

KILT Survey for Columbia

dmich2

Donation Time
OK folks. I been on the phone researching an idea regarding kilts for the Columbia show. If you've ever checked, they are expensive!!! :eek: But as I was informed last year.....you can RENT them. So I talked to one company and have another in mind.

My suggestion. For those of us who will wear them once a year, perhaps we should have everyone interested vote on one tartan style, get everyone's measurements, order 5, 10, etc., (they give discounts to groups), have them shipped to, say, Todd in Columbia. He brings them to the hotel, hands them out and we all roll in Columbia Speedway with kilts, most matching, and George wearing his Coleman tartan and Todd in his....whatever .

Couple of points. Tartan patterns for rentals are limited. Usually Black watch, Stuart, Irish National, Gordon, MacDonald and solid black. Prices range from $45-75. The $45 price was from a company in Atlanta. They also sell old rentals fairly cheap if you wanted to purchase instead. The patterns available are limited in these also.

Just a thought. Let me know. A group order would need to be in by MARCH 1st to make it to Columbia by April 3rd.
Dennis

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Can't do the kilt, but if will save you renters or buyers a few bucks , I'm willing to pick them up in Atlanta, and deliver them to Columbia, SC
Tom j

dmich2

Donation Time
I might take you up on that Tom. Doug's the only reply I've had out of 100+ views. I'll give it another week or so, then make my order.

Thanks,
Dennis

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
Dennis, if there are no more orders, it is OK w/ me to drop mine.
Besides, I don't think they make them in 32" sizes.

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
I don't know. A rented kilt just seems like the sort of thing that invokes a bit of caution. Maybe fruit in the loom, and maybe not.

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
OK guys! Kilt or no kilt it's time to register. Eric and I are getting ready for all of our Sunbeam friends to invade this area but we need to know who is coming so we can plan.

The agenda for the weekend is confirmed:

Arrival on Friday at The Wingate Inn. I will see them on Monday and get our rooms reserved and some special room rates.

Friday night dinner at Hudson's BBQ right down the street from the motel.
After dinner back tot he hospitality room for fellowship and Kilt modeling.

Saturday morning the car show is from 8:30 to 3:30 at The Columbia Speedway. I'll post a link for that too.

Saturday night from 6:00 until will be a cook-out and possibly a couple of tech sessions at Todd and Denise's house.

We will also have a parts room so bring parts if you want to sell them. Start networking with those that come to see what is needed and to see if they have what you need.

There will be a special (very nice) raffle for those that wear their kilts to the show and cookout.

Cheers,