• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

kicking me off

Jim E

Donation Time
Having this thing happen where I log on and it take then it seems to time out. Had this happen twice today after typing out a reply on the board. Any sugestions?

PaulK

Gold Level Sponsor
Jim, not sure about that, I will check with VBulletin and see what they say. How long is it before you time out?

Paul

Jim E

Donation Time
So no one else having this issue? I am now to the point that I write my replies in word then make sure I am logged in and paste them in.

Wombat

Donation Time
Happened to me yesterday, I got distracted part way through typing then when I hit the submit button a logon screen popped up. Logged on again and the post went through OK. I must learn to type faster!!

tfctpa

Donation Time
Have you tried to click on 'remember me' check box on the logon screen?
I have this checked and have not been logged off. Sounds like it may cookie or session var issue.

PaulK

Gold Level Sponsor
Jim
I have started a post and waited for 15 minutes with no problems. I will check with tech support for VBulletin and see if they have had any issues like this. I know that must be frustrating to be in the middle of a post and have to start over.

Paul

Jim E

Donation Time
I click the remember me thing again and this time it seems to have taken, so far no more time outs.

jmthehermit

Donation Time
I've been trying to post a new thread for a question under Stock Alpine. But every time I try to post it, I get the log on screen for vB bulletin saying I'm not registered. I've tried to post a new thread under forum problems and although I was able to write in the message box I clicked send but it didn't post. I can see on the bottom of the screen under posting rules that I MAY post new threads and vB code is on! Now I'm trying to post it this way under an existing thread. HELP-- unduly censored-- Jeff Michur aka jmthehermit

PaulK

Gold Level Sponsor
Jeff
Sorry for the issues you are having.
There are several things we can try,
First be sure that you have clicked the remember me feature when you have logged in, I assume that you have sense you were able to post your question here, but just to be sure log out and then log back in being sure to check the remember me box.
If this does not help then I will ask you to go to your browser settings and delete your cookies and history then close your browser and restart the browser and log back into the board. This will allow new cookies to be set for the board and remove any that may be causing your issue. I have always hated to have to do this because it resets cookies for every thing and now you will have to log back in to every thing on the net you frequent but it does clear up many cookie related issues. :cool:

Paul