• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Just removed the LAT 5 Traction Masters....

Duke

Donation Time
TB.jpg

How well do you think they were working for me??...:rolleyes:

I have a set of Dale's rear springs on their way to me. I will pull the panhard rod too when I install them.

I will be having the ring and pinion replaced next month. I just noticed that my exhaust system is welded from down-tube to the exhaust tips. I have no idea how to get the rear axle out without cutting the exhaust. I figure if I disconnect the down-tubes and all of the hangers, I might be able to move the exhaust around enough to get he axle out. I am sure lots of strong language will be required.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Duke,

You don't have to remove the rear end from the car in order to change the gears. They can be changed in situ, although it is a pain either way. Could save you some work though, in not having to remove the rear end.

Jose :)

jmthehermit

Donation Time
Is your rear end the stock 19 spline or the newer 30 spline axel? Search the web for DANA 44 positraction. You might need a different carrier for a higher ratio. The break is 3.73. Jeff

Duke

Donation Time
Is your rear end the stock 19 spline or the newer 30 spline axle? Search the web for DANA 44 positraction. You might need a different carrier for a higher ratio. The break is 3.73. Jeff

Will do. It does defiantly have a posi unit. With a 4.22, I can spin them at will in first and with half a pedal in 2nd. Highway cruising is just abuse though. I am going to have a 3.07 installed.