• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Jet Sizes for Holley 390 Main and Secondary

Rockonp04

Donation Time
I am looking for recommendations for main/secondary jet size for my Holley 390. I've already changed my power valve to 4.5 and I ordered 56 jets for the time being because I think I am running lean. I put in a metering block and would like jet recommendations for the secondaries too. Any input would help.

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
You need to know what your air-fuel ratio is doing under various conditions before you start blindly changing the power valve and jets.

Either install wide-band O2 sensors in both collectors or have your car tested at a chassis dyno facility with the capability to monitor AFR.

Last edited:

Rockonp04

Donation Time
You need to KNOW what your air-fuel ratio is doing under various conditions before you start blindly changing the power valve and jets.

Either install wide-band O2 sensors in both collectors or have your car tested at a chassis dyno facility with the capability to monitor AFR.
Yea I understand the process but wanted to know what everyone else is running to give the tuner a good starting point.

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
56 is what the MG guys use in the GM 2.8-3.4 V6. Stock secondary metering plate jet equivalent is 58. The Holley needs more fuel pressure also. 5-6 psi. the 4 cylinder usually had 3-4 psi.