1. Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible.

Enjoy.

Dismiss Notice

Jet Sizes for Holley 390 Main and Secondary

Discussion in 'Modified Alpine' started by Rockonp04, Jun 29, 2020 at 1:59 PM.

1. Rockonp04

Rockonp04 Platinum Level Sponsor

I am looking for recommendations for main/secondary jet size for my Holley 390. I've already changed my power valve to 4.5 and I ordered 56 jets for the time being because I think I am running lean. I put in a metering block and would like jet recommendations for the secondaries too. Any input would help.

2. Barry

Barry Platinum Level Sponsor

You need to KNOW what your air-fuel ratio is doing under various conditions before you start blindly changing the power valve and jets.

Either install wide-band O2 sensors in both collectors or have your car tested at a chassis dyno facility with the capability to monitor AFR.

3. Rockonp04

Yea I understand the process but wanted to know what everyone else is running to give the tuner a good starting point.

4. 260Alpine

260Alpine Silver Level Sponsor

56 is what the MG guys use in the GM 2.8-3.4 V6. Stock secondary metering plate jet equivalent is 58. The Holley needs more fuel pressure also. 5-6 psi. the 4 cylinder usually had 3-4 psi.

5. Rockonp04

I've got 7 psi fuel pressure.