• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Is it me !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickodell

Donation Time
Hi, Steve. Glad to see at least one other person finds hotrods dumb. The original idea might have been contemporary in the 1950s, along with bobbysocks, hula hoops and D.A. haircuts, but today they look IMHU just dumb.

Meanwhile, you guys can boast about various teams. We Phillies fans can just maintain a quiet dignity, knowing that WE'RE NUMBER ONE!:D

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Well Steve,

You have now changed the subject and made the whole problem about swords and someone telling you what to do. You try to make it about me and my reaction, when it was you who first made some comments about others choices and you offended someone enough that he was thinking of just quitting posting on this board. As you can see by reading ALL the posts, I wasn´t the only one who posted a rebutal to your original statements. I am just the most vocal. If you don´t like for folks to argue with you, don´t make unsolicited negative comments. I´m not telling you what to do, it is a suggestion, but if you continue to offend others, don´t be surprised that you get negative comments back. It is simple; if you don´t want negative comments, don´t make any to begin with.

I really don´t care what you think, since we all have the right to think whatever we want, but I have had to put up with people´s insensitive comments for years and I don´t like it any more than you like for anyone to contradict you. I´m glad that you graciously gave us MODIFIERS permission to do whatever we want with our cars. That was magnanimous of you.

This argument has ben going on for more years than I care to remember. I think it is dumb, but I can´t just let someone just offend others and not comment.

Jose

lgurley

Donation Time
Hi, Steve. Glad to see at least one other person finds hotrods dumb. The original idea might have been contemporary in the 1950s, along with bobbysocks, hula hoops and D.A. haircuts, but today they look IMHU just dumb.
Isn't that an un-American statement? Anyone who lived through the '50's and '60's surely understands hot rods even if they were unable to participate.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Larry,

I think we are dealing with someone who wasn´t here in the 50´s and 60´s. Not having been here at the time, makes it impossible to understand the American culture and psyche, so their opinion is irrelevant.

Jose

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
OK, this has gone WAAAAY off-topic so I'm now going to shut it down and move it to General Chit-Chat. Thank you for playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.