• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Irvine Cars & Coffee 7/13

Mike Armstrong

Bronze Level Sponsor
Anyone interested is welcome to meet up at Cars & Coffee Irvine tomorrow 7/13. In case you missed the Sunbeam Get together in May, Kelly will have his outstanding Alpine Conversion on display. Hopefully others will be parked with him. See you there.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Regrettably I won't. I'm in town on family business and have an early meeting. Nuts!

Mike Armstrong

Bronze Level Sponsor
Okay..... What happened? Report please.

Jay Leno bought Kelly's Alpine! :)

The place was packed. More cars and people there than I've ever seen. Several car clubs were there including the Triumph club with allot of Tr6's, Tr4's, Spitfires ect. Kelly's was the only Alpine there and as usual was getting allot of attention. John and I just watched Kelly work the crowd :) There was also a really nice Tiger there.

Missed ya buddy, next time.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Dang Missed it

Would be nice if all cross posted to CAT page. I am sure several would have hung out with you. Next month I think we are talking of doing the cars and coffee as a group. Mike how you doing on the SV of our pal what was his name? Wish he would part with one of those Bugeyes.

Mike Armstrong

Bronze Level Sponsor
Hi Warren.

Ya, that'd be cool to know when any of the Sunbeam groups might be there. I'll keep an eye out for the CAT group next month.

Jody, nice guy. He and I were hoping to meet up at the big Oshkosh AirVenture airshow next month in Wisconsin but I won't be able to make it. I'll bet his 3 Bugeye's are still just packed away in a trailer, man. Speaking of which, my older sister still has my Bugeye I sold to her after I graduated from High School!

I got a little racked up at work so it's been slow going on my SV but I'm heading in the right direction. After seeing what looked like an old dirty barn find Triumph TR250 at C&C today I took out and washed all the old carpet I had removed to see about sticking it back in along with all the other original interior, well, maybe :D

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Mike

I hope you're kidding about Kelly's car being sold. It's late and I'm tired and (boo-hoo. Poor me) would believe most anything. If he sold it without giving me a ride or (God forbid) let me drive it I'd have to excommunicate him from the ASOC.

I can believe Kelly worked the crowd though. That car is stunning.

kmathis

Donation Time
Alright...I still have my car...I guess this is how rumors get started.

It was fun at C & C yesterday, and I did enjoy talking to folks about my car...I didn't see Jay, however I would entertain all offers over 40K:rolleyes:

I couple of months ago, someone asked me if it was for sale and I said "no", then the offer was 40K, and I said "Sold" and the guy ran off.:eek:

Anyways, it is always fun to hang out at C & C.

I will be there with the Tiger guys when they meet...I think...I need to check the date.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Sorry buddy, one of the few times I didn't take a bunch. Believe it or not the only pics I took were of the movie car Christine for my wife:D

That movie is so sad I almost cry. I read somewhere they wrecked 9 Furys.

Oh yeah. Too bad about that weird kid. Oh well.