• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Invasion XV cancelled

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
I know it’s pretty obvious, but regretfully I must officially announce the 2015 Invasion is not going to happen. Unfortunately we were not able to get the proper organization going.

I encourage everyone to attend the upcoming TE/AE United and/or other car club gatherings. Get your Sunbeams out there.

That said, let’s make Invasion XVI happen! We need to get started now. If you're interested in hosting an Invasion next year please speak up.

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
The TE/AE show and meet will be a good one we have a strong number of Alpines from the south east going to this so come on up with us, the more the better!! :D:D

I do like Jans reply "what the hell happened".

65beam

Donation Time
invasion

the current registrations for the united show a 50/50 mix of tigers versus alpines/other rootes. several of the southern alpine owners were not on the list as of Monday so get with it George. the special room rate expires on july 9.

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
I have registered two weeks ago and Todd has the hotel reservations so I am ready to go. I hope you have made the hotel reservations Todd!!!!!?? :eek:

mikephillips

Donation Time
I've got you on the list George, no Todd yet. As of today there are nearly 100 confirmed people and almost 50 cars. Plus a handful of locals who will probably be there for the show but not part of the United event. I'd love to see as many of you as possible sow up, should be a fun time.

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Just called to book my room for the United and they quoted me a price of $138.00 stating the rooms that were set aside have been sold. That's not good when everything you read says you have till July 9th to get a room.

If they will allow me to get a room on Wednesday at the negotiated price then please let me know. The young lady in reservations was not too willing.

Cheers,

65beam

Donation Time
invasion

there are rooms available. the explanation of what happened is on the general discussion section.

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
The TE/AE show and meet will be a good one we have a strong number of Alpines from the south east going to this so come on up with us, the more the better!! :D:D

I do like Jans reply "what the hell happened".

My guess is more folks interested in promoting this event than working on our own, there has been more talk about this than our own Invasion,that's what I think the hell happened.
Tom j

65beam

Donation Time
invasion

tom,
TE/AE is a club with a plan when it comes to the yearly Uniteds, the other club events such as the yearly spring bash and the crab feast in the fall as well as a plan to further the interest in all rootes cars. there is a plan for the rotating areas for Uniteds. officers or board members talk to members that might be interested in hosting a United. if the members are interested in hosting a united then they submit a proposal to the officers and the board of directors. they digest the proposal, and make a decision based on many factors. 2015 was the year for the united to be in the Midwest so two of us made the proposal last year. it was approved by the officers and the board of directors and we were at work within a couple weeks after the close of United 33. United 34 will happen at the end of July. this is the second year of not having an invasion so we have a lot of folks that are attending their first united and we plan to make it the best event possible. I'm sure many will attend again. take time to go to the TE/AE site and look at what we have scheduled. this didn't happen over night. this will be the 31st United or should I say "family reunion" for me and jean . FYI, as of last week we had a 50/50mix of tigers and other rootes cars. we are having the united in "the center of the sunbeam universe" with the help of many SAOCA members.

Last edited:

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
Invasion XVI organizers needed!

I have been away for a while, but what the hell happened???!!!
Jan

Well it wasn't really cancelled so much as never really got started. We asked for member volunteers to organize and host but there was little response. We had some commitment to try a West Coast Invasion but never really got a committee and organization planning going properly.

We have asked for volunteers to start organizing and host an Invasion next year, but there has been zero response.

Just conjecture, but it may be due to the changing nature of our club with more emphasis on online/forum presence and a very geographically diverse membership.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Wait a minute guys. There was talk of holding the Invasion in three or four locations. A member was given the go ahead to hold the Invasion in the Las Vegas area. He then completely forgot about his commitment. There was never a call for an alternate location.

That makes it pretty tough for a guy or two that are willing to put one together but never given a go ahead. I don't know exactly what the hell happened, but let's not let it happen again. Maybe require an Invasion monthly report.

Bill