• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Invasion Schedule Final Update

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thursday P.M.
Arrive, set up, meet and greet
Supper - on your own
Hospitality Suite open with at least four tables of Alpine parts

Friday
Free hotel breakfast

9:00 Tech Session - Alpine rear axle teardown. This is a very late Series V axle. It was incredibly filthy, rattles when moved, input shaft turns smoothly UNTIL it "locks". Sheared crown wheel bolts? We'll find out. Shannon Boal has agreed to provide the brains behind this endeavour, taking it down as far as necessary and demonstrate how to set gear mesh. Shannon has a wonderful 1890's Handlebar mustache, so you know he is a fantastic LBC mechanic!

10:00 - 2:00 Alpines On The Square Show with lunch on your own and shopping. If you like breaded tenderloin, this is something you can't miss.

2:00 Return to hotel - Parts room open

4:00 Tech Session - ALTERNATORS- How to wire them into the Alpine.

5:00 Drive to Stone's Family Restaurant for supper (part of registration fee)

6:30 Return to hotel - Parts room open

Saturday

Free hotel breakfast

9:30 Depart for Ainsley's for lunch, on your own. This is an 1:45 (not counting rest stop) drive over roads so twisty and confusing we've decided we cannot make it into a rally. A lost driver could take literally hours finding a way "out". When's the last time you saw a posted speed limit of 5 mph?
NO GRAVEL ROADS

1:30 Depart Ainsley's for hotel - Parts room open

3:00 Parts room open, prepare for the Car Show.

4:30 Car Show at the "Hill Top Orchard", followed by the Banquet (part of registration fee)

Sunday

Free breakfast

Final goodbyes.

All times are approximate and subject to change.

Alpine66

Donation Time
Sounds like a good time Bill! Thanks for putting this together.

Along with the socializing , I especially would like to see the rear axle tear down, and how that compares to other cars I've done.

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend, hope there are plenty of pics/vids posted!

Shannon Boal

Platinum Level Sponsor
I look forward to sharing what I can about rear axle matters. I learned GM's way of doing things, and VW too. Gm had the best training....On a seperate topic, would anyone like to try testing gasoline for alchohol content?

65beam

Donation Time
update

in this part of the world it's pretty easy to determine ethynol content. there isn't anything else to buy. all gas contains up to a 10% blend. there may be one terminal in Ohio that has straight gas. we also have several plants producing ethanol because of the vast corn crop.

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
Gasoline

in this part of the world it's pretty easy to determine ethynol content. there isn't anything else to buy. all gas contains up to a 10% blend. there may be one terminal in Ohio that has straight gas. we also have several plants producing ethanol because of the vast corn crop.

Bob: your right in that statement however if your in Greencastle you can find real gas at the Countrymark station. we were gonna ride out to the invasion, but something came up, got that S2000 we spoke of by the way.