• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Interior Pics

Lester

Donation Time
I'd love to see pics of your interiors, especially SIII GT's. My SIII ST is in need of a new interior and I am looking for inspiration. Any pics, from purist original to severely modified would be appreciated.
Thanks, Lester
mattrlester@gmail.com

napa 1

Donation Time
I think this might be considered close to a GT style dash, even though it's on my S1. Not quite finished, but for what its worth, here's a pic of mine.

2581491510099835553SZfDpx

John.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2581491510099835553SZfDpx

Lester

Donation Time
John, indeed. great looking car! does anyone know if the colored piping was for the GTs as well? My color code is 67, light green metallic with apple green piping. I believe they might be repro seat covers, but they have the green piping. I don't know may have made these. Has anyone considered or pulled off a mgb style console? Also, in the old b&w pics, I see what looks like a trim ring around the shift boot? I'd love one that fits our boots.
Thanks, Lester

v13311

Silver Level Sponsor
John, Nice Dash! Would you mind telling us what you have those extra toggle switches on your dash hooked up to?

Ed

Alpineracer8

Donation Time
Shifter boot rings

Lester:

You had made mention of the shifter boot ring that you saw on the old black and white photos. Actually, what you're seeing is the original rubber shift lever boot that all Alpines have. To my knowledge, the GTs didn't even have a boot ring, just a rubber boot (please, somebody correct me if I'm wrong). The Tigers, however, had a ring (some say chrome, some say black around the rubber boot...mine is chrome) around the rubber shift lever boot.

Hope that helps you,

napa 1

Donation Time
John, Nice Dash! Would you mind telling us what you have those extra toggle switches on your dash hooked up to?

Ed

Sure. On the left side of the wheel, Aux (possibly for electric engine fan), Washer pump in the middle, Wipers. On the right side... lights, panel & map , spot & fog, blower.

Pumpkin

Donation Time
interior shots

Boy now I am going to have to redo my whole car.. :mad: Some times it does'nt pay to look .. Gees
Sure is a nice one.:D
Chuck

Lester

Donation Time
Jim, that is quite nice! I'd hope mine looks that good some day.
Where can one get a "tiger" shift boot ring. It's bugging me just sitting there loose.

alpine_64

Donation Time
the tiger shift rins is larger than the alpine shifter opening and fits a different tunnel. You could modify one to fit, but i think you seem to have nmore important jobs to do than that. The rubber boot should not be loose, it slots into the edge of the shifter cover with a groove in the rubber boot, maybe you need to buy a new boot.

Lester

Donation Time
too right...more important things for sure! I guess I just assumed that these chrome rings were merely asthetic bits that screwed into the tunnel with glorified sheet metal screws. I didn't realize that they fit into special holes in the trans. Well, thinking of the interior keeps me sane. Being a painter, cosmetics are easy for me and fun as well. It's the engine that I'm scared of.
-Lester

gordonra

Donation Time
I bought a new boot for mine and it's too small for the opening in the cover. I asked the supplier (Classic Sunbeam) and they said that it was the best fit they could get.

I querried SS.... they said that they buy theirs from Classic and that it's as good as it gets.

Does anyone know where to get one with a better fit?

Rich