• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

intake manifold drain nut?

s2willdo

Donation Time
Here’s what I fabricated. I had a 5/16 ball bearing and set it up so the vacuum could pull it up then drop down maybe 1/16 to 1/8 inch. It definitely lets gas drip through. I cut a couple notches on the sides so the gas could drip when the ball bearing is down. I also put a 6-32 threaded set screw so it doesn’t vibrate off. It seems like such a fire hazard though. I haven’t run the car, just turned it over in the garage. I figure I can put a long pipe in between so I can adjust to not drop gas on the headers. Before I run this I wonder if anyone ever started a fire from this. Seems dangerous.

Attachments

• 926E5D17-2CD9-4CE2-A088-7AD4C6FC9E87.jpeg
    926E5D17-2CD9-4CE2-A088-7AD4C6FC9E87.jpeg
    233.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 2549783B-C9E6-4140-A312-5F1FFD199BE9.jpeg
    2549783B-C9E6-4140-A312-5F1FFD199BE9.jpeg
    140.2 KB · Views: 17

beamdream

Gold Level Sponsor
Here’s what I fabricated. I had a 5/16 ball bearing and set it up so the vacuum could pull it up then drop down maybe 1/16 to 1/8 inch. It definitely lets gas drip through. I cut a couple notches on the sides so the gas could drip when the ball bearing is down. I also put a 6-32 threaded set screw so it doesn’t vibrate off. It seems like such a fire hazard though. I haven’t run the car, just turned it over in the garage. I figure I can put a long pipe in between so I can adjust to not drop gas on the headers. Before I run this I wonder if anyone ever started a fire from this. Seems dangerous.

Just run a pipe from the fitting to clear the manifold as I've done with mine, to date I haven't had a fire but agree that there's a potential for one.
The reality is, unless you have really flooded the engine, the amount of fuel emitted is very small and I have seen some drips onto a hot manifold which immediately evaporate.

More than anything on a daily basis just remember it's there and if you smell fuel, investìgate.

I do like what you've done by the way.