• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Intake manifold and gasket- ford 2.8

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi, I am back w/ one of those Q's everyone except myself knows the answer to:
there are two ports on the manifold, front and rear, the manifold gasket is cut out for the front two only but has a printed seal for the rear ports, so do I need to cut out the gasket, leave it as is ?? what is going on here? I have another gasket,Detroit, that does not indicate at all the 2 rear ports are there.
I find nothing in the manuals about this anomaly.
Help me, I am ready to install the manifold .

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi, I am back w/ one of those Q's everyone except myself knows the answer to:
there are two ports on the manifold, front and rear, the manifold gasket is cut out for the front two only but has a printed seal for the rear ports, so do I need to cut out the gasket, leave it as is ?? what is going on here? I have another gasket,Detroit, that does not indicate at all the 2 rear ports are there.
I find nothing in the manuals about this anomaly.
Help me, I am ready to install the manifold .
You shouldn't cut out any of the gasket. The sealer is there to assure that the gasket doesn't leak at that juncture. Just use it as it is. Water doesn't have to flow through the manifold at that spot.

Jose :)

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
Intake manifold /gasket ford 2.8

You shouldn't cut out any of the gasket. The sealer is there to assure that the gasket doesn't leak at that juncture. Just use it as it is. Water doesn't have to flow through the manifold at that spot.

Thanks Jose. Now I can move on. By the way, would there be any benefit/detriment if they were open in the rear? And no, I didn't cut the gasket.
Doug

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Thanks Jose. Now I can move on. By the way, would there be any benefit/detriment if they were open in the rear? And no, I didn't cut the gasket.
Doug
If you open up the gasket there, you make it easier for the casket to leak. Since the engine doesn't need it to be open, you just risk a leak where it isn't necessary.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Makes sense to me ; closed it is. Thanks
Any info yet on the installation kit?
I'm working on getting the headers done, and Jim is working on getting a fabricator to make the rest of the parts. I hope to hear back from my guy sometime next week. I will let you know when I nail them down.