• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Insuring a Sunbeam in the USA

alpine_64

Donation Time
I know very little about the way insurance works in the USA, especially in regards to classic cars.

I know of hagerty as a classic insurance company.. who else does good cover for older cars?

I would want someone reputable and that would understand the proper value and cost in maintaing a car if something were to happen. I would also need a policy that allowed mature people (not the owners) to be listed on the policy, maybe 3 drivers, any advice appreciated.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
I use Zurich and have for over 30 years. No issues, and they are very inexpensive.

65beam

Donation Time
insurance

we insure our cars with hagerty. the big reason we switched from taylor/ zurich is that our agent is a sunbeam owner( two tigers). one thing he does is to keep up with the market and the cost of repairs and they insure accordingly.we have set values on our cars based on what it would cost to repair to their current state. they also have photos of our cars on file. another thing hagerty offers in our area is additional coverage for our parts. spare parts are not covered under homeowners policies so without this any loss due to fire ,etc would not be covered. this is a big advantage to us. other folks are able to drive our cars as long as we give them permission. we have a 26 year old that is not our son,but does drive the sunbeams wherever he wants to and we are covered. we are also highly satisfied with their rates. we have four cars with hagerty. full coverage, set values, 0$ deductible on collision, roll back service,and 20000 coverage on our parts for less than 600.00 per year. it's hard to beat that. just the opinion of a highly satisfied client of hagerty.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I also use Hagerty and am very happy with them, but I've never had a claim, so "happy" could just be "ignorant". Has anyone here every had to file a claim with them or other classic insurer? If so, are you still happy?

65beam

Donation Time
insurance

a few years ago i had four of the sunbeams go thru a flood . the repair estimates were not cheap. jim, i think you saw my wife's series 5 at suni this year. it was one of them. it was restored using the tiger auto estimate so it's shows what a set value does for you. no cost out of our pocket.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Just so I know for sure, since you said you used to use Taylor/Zurich, were you with Hagerty at the time of the flood?