• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Installation Order?

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
Maybe i'll fix the transmission crossmember then put a wheel dolly under each tyre then remove the main dolly and bolt up.

That sounds about right. Maybe make two of the posts in your design removeable. It seems you could unscrew two top pins and then remove the base supports for thse 2 posts. Then you could support as noted above, pull two posts, insert two bolts and then remove the rig and insert 2 more bolts. That way your rig maintains alignment until 2 bolts are in place.

Tom

Limey

Donation Time
That sounds about right. Maybe make two of the posts in your design removeable. It seems you could unscrew two top pins and then remove the base supports for thse 2 posts. Then you could support as noted above, pull two posts, insert two bolts and then remove the rig and insert 2 more bolts. That way your rig maintains alignment until 2 bolts are in place.

Tom

Why didn't I thionk of that. You are right, it would work fine with just two uprights allowing one bolt per side. Remove dolly and complete.

I can be a bit slow sometimes and miss the obvious.:eek:

Thanks!

Oliver

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
I can be a bit slow sometimes and miss the obvious.

I usually spend so much time thinking things thru that my actions are usually SLOW. Must be a happy medium somewhere.

Glad to help. I have a hunch you would have gotten to that point anyhow, as you did the job.

Tom