• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Indicator wiring help please

GHighlander

Donation Time
Hello

the 'bottom' part of my indicator switch, ( ie the side that does not have the square piece) has 3 contacts very close together. Mine is a British Series 4, if I have the stalk to my right and the semi circle that fits around the column to my left and the contacts uppermost....hope that makes sense....what is the correct order for the wires, I have green/red, green /white, and, green/brown....my wiring diagram is completely different!

hope this description is ok, thanks for any help.

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
G, your description only partly makes sense. On a normal Alpine turn signal switch, with the stalk on the right and the clamping circle on the left , the 3 contacts are also on the right, just under the pivot point for the lever. But the wires are the same color you describe. You should be able to see the actual moving part of the switch. The middle contact is the green / brown wire, the contact that gets contacted when the stalk is moved clockwise (down if on the right) is Green / white. The other contact is Green /red.

And those are the same colors shown on the wiring diagram found on this SAOCA website . ( but ignore the Headlight Flasher wires, which are not on most US Alpines and seem to be missing from yours).

When I did a Yahoo search for images of "Sunbeam Alpine Turn Signal Switch" I did see some odd looking turn signal switches, that did not match any of the several that I have , so maybe you have something other than standard switch.

Tom

GHighlander

Donation Time
Tom H

that is really good information, I am very grateful. As you suggest my switch

is slightly different but I can solder the wires with what you have kindly told

me.

thanks a lot

G