• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

images

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Ian
Re the silver gray V6 work in progress alpine you posted.Are the side panels worked ala MUstang or is that just the paint job to make it look like so?
Anyway it looks interesting,

lgurley

Donation Time
Mustang panels

Ian
Re the silver gray V6 work in progress alpine you posted.Are the side panels worked ala MUstang or is that just the paint job to make it look like so?
Anyway it looks interesting,
The Car that was posted is mine. I saw a very good airbrush job that the painter had done on another car(it was painted to look like scrap peices of tin pop rivited together) and I went to the shopping centers with my digital camera and brought him a picture of a Mustang and one of a Jaguar. I have had people who wouldn't believe that it was paint until they touched it.
If you would like to see more pictures go to the following web shots link.http://rides.webshots.com/album/565366924OEIFZI?start=12

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Larry,

The silver Alpine is a beauty. I know that some will gnash their teeth, at the thought that it will soon be powered by a V6, rather than a stock Alpine four. I feel pretty proud that you decided to convert your Alpine to the 2.8 V6 with one of my kits. I can't wait till I see it at one of the Invasions

That paint job is really cool. It really looks like the Mustang slash is actually indented into the metal. It looks great.

Jose :D

buckalpine3

Donation Time
silver surprise

Larry,
I really like that paint job and the selection of colors. Is that an original Alpine color? If not could you tell me exactly what brand of paint and color? What color was the SV originally? Thanks.
Dave

lgurley

Donation Time
color

The car was factory red when I got it. It was a complete rotisserie restoration.
I picked the color scheme from a 2008 Corvette. I am not sure who made the paint. The painter used the Corvette paint code to order the paint. The interior is also custom genuine leather and is also stolen from the Corvette.
I will never sell this car but I did make sure that (even though it is morphing to the Dark Side) I kept all the original parts and didn't damage anything so that it could be changed back if someone wanted to. I won't and don't know why anyone ever would.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Larry, whatever you do, don't swap out those wheels. They absolutely finish off the car. Aluminum wheels would destroy the look.

Bill

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
The Car that was posted is mine. I saw a very good airbrush job that the painter had done on another car(it was painted to look like scrap peices of tin pop rivited together) and I went to the shopping centers with my digital camera and brought him a picture of a Mustang and one of a Jaguar. I have had people who wouldn't believe that it was paint until they touched it.
If you would like to see more pictures go to the following web shots link.http://rides.webshots.com/album/565366924OEIFZI?start=12

I kinda of thought it was paint.
Fantastic.
Love your choice of interior color.
Send me your email address and I 'll send you a few pics

lgurley

Donation Time
Larry, whatever you do, don't swap out those wheels. They absolutely finish off the car. Aluminum wheels would destroy the look.

Bill
Bill,
The shop owner tried to convince me to go with big chrome or aluminum wheels but I stood my ground. I can put wheels on one of the other Alpines.

bluoval

Donation Time
arm rests

loved your interior what did you use for arm rests?? they are realy cool do they hit you in the side when you close the door?? thanks earl

lgurley

Donation Time
Arm rest

Earl the arm rest were made with some kind of foam which was hand formed to make the rests. Even with my big belly and love handles they don't come close to touching me. The guy that did the interior was really good. The door panels and all of the upholstery are leather. The leather was stretched over the arm rest without a seam of any kind. I am really proud of the way it turned out.