• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Identify Racing Alpines Article

s2willdo

Donation Time
I seem to remember several years ago someone wrote an article on how to identify racing alpines. I believe the gas tank filler may have been in the series IV and later position on a series III and the doors may have been aluminum. Anybody remember that article and can you point me to it.

alpine_64

Donation Time
That would be Steve Silverstein... regarding bodywork its was more about "factory"cars.. they didnt have the fuel filler ona SII in the wing, as they had the filler through the hardtop rear window.. and later racers fitted it in the boot. The alloy panels (doors, boot and bonnet) were on the FIA works cars (sebring, Le Mans, and a few select rally/race cars)

for a SCCA car look for the mods from the Special tunning guide.. strengthened throttle brackets for the twin Zeniths, engine to bulhead stabiliser and things liek the uprated springs and shcoks.