• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

ID this Tranny?

gordonra

Donation Time
Can anyone identify this transmission?

It's a 10 tooth spline, and there is no shifter, so no idea where reverse is located.

Do these casting numbers mean anything to anyone?

10 spline.jpg

Thanks for the help...

Rich

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
Casting date January 29, 1960
That's a series I trans, they have no side filler plug, and you need the shifter tower to fill it from the top.
Jan

gordonra

Donation Time
Thanks Jan.

Ian:
I originally reduced it to 211 kb, and it is stored on my web server.

What is an aceptable file size?

I just changed it to 640x480 96 dpi and it's down to 112 kb.

Rich

AlpineIan

SAOCA Founder
It's best if image size is 300 to 400 pixels wide at a maximum. This way they will fit into the forum without blowing up the width when it's viewed. If it's out on your own server then size in KB is not much of an issue. Uploaded pictures should be kept to a minimum to help conserve server space. Thanks! :) Your resized image is perfect.