• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

I finally know what DPO stands for

dwolff706

Donation Time
Just started my first Alpine journey, 67SV occupies my tiny garage along with an ever growing list of things to be fixed or replaced. So far so very good, makes me almost giddy every day.

Body is in good shape albeit with 5 different colors of paint - it was originally Holly Green. Missing the original engine but has a 1725 – doesn't run but turns over. Without the original engine I don't feel obligated to the 1725...

First surprise was to find a spare key that was hidden under the valence. It appeared not to have been moved for a long time; dust evenly coating the key and surroundings – was a Canadian key blank. The PO may not have known it was there.

In the same general area, I noticed something odd – stabilizer itself was fairly solid in the mounts but what the? DPO drove nails through the bushings, flat head blued nails... It must have been rattling a bit on both sides because he drove them into each of the 4 bushings. Counted 12 nails.

Later I found a thin service type manual in the trunk, hidden between layers of carpet titled, Spells, Incantations and Advanced Sunbeam Suspension Tuning. On page 13 there are descriptions of how to moodify the front stabilizer using a deck. The deck is described as consisting of 14 special nails in a unique configuration.... blah blah blah

Update, I think I have a full deck, found the missing 2 nails in the front tires.

D

gordonra

Donation Time
Hi D,

Welcome to the world of Sunbeams!

I'm not quite sure what to think about than manual, but it might be an entertaining read.

Can you scan and email or post it?

Rich

kmathis

Donation Time
Have fun on your journey...I looked up the pictures you posted when you first joined...nice car;:) I wish mine looked like that when I started, it would have saved me a ton of money.
It is fun working on these cars, and even more fun to drive around and see what people say about it...no one knows what they are..."is that a Triumph?"..."what kind of car is that?"...and when you go to a show, it is fun to listen to people who obviously know more than you..."well, this is the 4 cyl version, it also comes with a V6 and a V8 they call a Tiger...pretty funny.
Have fun, and the people on this site would be glad to help you in any way you may need...just ask, and the knowledge starts flowing.

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
Please post a picture showing the arrangement of the nails and I will return my new bush set to SS.

RootesRooter

Donation Time
"...On page 13 there are descriptions of how to moodify the front stabilizer using a deck..."

I'm not sure the manual author was dealing with a full one.