• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Humber Vogue

lemansvk

Donation Time
The Humber Vogue was the Australian assembled version of the Singer Vogue - a small luxury car based on the Super Minx. [Rootes Australia dropped the Singer name after woeful sales of the Gazelle; Humbers had a good reputation in this country].

Last year I sold a 'daily driver' Vogue Mark III to an enthusiast who already owned two earlier models. Vogue IIIs came with the 1592 alloy head motor, all synchro trans and disc brakes so are quite nice to drive even today. My car was good mechanically and had a sound body but the paint and interior were showing the signs of 40 years of use. The buyer has completed a refurbishment and sent me some pics which I have posted to the following site.

http://s122.photobucket.com/albums/o262/sunalp63/RogVogue/

Cheers, Vic

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Looks like he put a lot of time and effort into it......not to mention $$
Looks :cool:

Tom j

lemansvk

Donation Time
I believe he did most of the work himself - he does have a shed/workshop right next door to a panel shop and he knows the owners quite well - the helped him with advice and gear. I think it was done on quite a tight budget, main things that he paid for being the new headlining and the paint supplies. Since finishing this one he has acquired yet another Vogue and is now working on that :)

Cheers, Vic

Bratfink

Donation Time
I chopped one of these up in March. I brought the whole front end over with me and my MkIV Vogue as spares.