• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

How many SI cars had OD

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Hi Gang,

I have a great more knowledge about the SIII-SV car and not much about SI and SII. Did Rootes put out a good number of OD SI cars?

I was looking at a SI car that had OD, a hard top and GT air filter/breather and other goodies. I was surprised to see it had an OD. I checked the VIN and it had the OD and LRX on the badge. I also noticed that the engine didn't have the same EIN at the same location as my SIII. There was also a cool little roller thing at the side windows to support the glass. I can only assume that they did this because they didn’t have the small side window similar to the SIII to SV.

It all sounds a little funny and “newby like†but it was fun to check it out. The fellow wanted $200.00 for the car and I am sure that it would not be too bad for the parts that are in the car. Sad thing, the car was let to rust way too far and it is almost impossible to open the doors.

Well, any help would be great. Oh, and could the OD be used on a SIII-SV transmission?

Regards,
Andrew

Paul woodie

Donation Time
My car came with an od. tran,s from the factory #B9002002 . Save the early one,s , or parts !! there are not alot around . Thay are differnt cars S1 S2 . Paul

D

Dr.NO 007

For $200. buy it and sell the parts to fellow club members. you make a small profit and club members get a new source of parts. I bet you probably spend that much on good wine in 60 days.
Chuck "Masse" Mossey
Northern Ontario
B9110072 LRX SB 53
my engine has # B9103840 LRX OD = OD OD OD "OVERDRIVE"

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
Yes, the series I came loaded with options: Clock & OD & hardtops. Ian mentioned this to me years ago.

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
SI cars came loaded

Yes, the series I came loaded with options: Clock & OD & hardtops. Ian mentioned this to me years ago.

I was surprised to see all of the options on the SI. The car has a hardtop, soft top, amp gauge, clock, OD, GT air filter setup, emergency flasher wiring and switch fitted. I don’t think that the flasher setup is a Rootes product but it is period correct. I purchased the car for the parts as the frame and lower 2 inches of the body is shot (very sad). Everything looks to be on the car. Another sad thing is that the DPO had taken the valve cover and other things off the engine and I am sure it is now all seized up.

I think the early cars look some how sleeker and I love the rounded hard top look. Thanks for the information guys.

Regards,
Andrew