• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Hot Air Tube

64beam

Donation Time
Hi,

When changing from the original Autolite carburettor, does the hot air tube for the choke pull out or is it fixed into position in the exhaust manifold? What have others done when converting to a four barrel carburettor? I don't want to cut it off just in case someone wants to put it back to original.

Thanks, Robin.

mikephillips

Donation Time
It's a light press fit into the exhaust manifold, although if it's never been removed over the past 40 years it's probably rusted in place. Try penetrating oil and see what happens. If it breaks off, that's not really a problem since you can get replacements from several Mustang parts places. And I run the original setup with a 4bbl and the hot air choke.

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Mike,

Thank you for the reply. What four barrel carburettor are you running that uses the hot air choke?

Regards, Robin.

mikephillips

Donation Time
Got a Holley on it. It originally came with an electric choke so I swapped the cover on it from the 20 some year old holley that was on it when I bought the car. That was all I needed to do since the port to connect to was still on the carb body. Just had to pull thr rubber cap off and hook up the tube.