• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Horns

wendmd91

Silver Level Sponsor
3 complete clear hooter horns
1 clear hooter horn apart
1 Ford seashell type horn

I would consider these all cores. Make Ann offer on one piece or all. Located in zip 14025. I’m not a sunbeam guy. Going through a collection and will be listing more soon.

Attachments

• 4996D5B6-DB7D-4442-92D3-2E96FE73D93F.jpeg
    4996D5B6-DB7D-4442-92D3-2E96FE73D93F.jpeg
    565.6 KB · Views: 22

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Ok probably not the place to say how do you fix these....
But I have one that works appears to be NOS that works one that also looks new and several also that don't work. I've had vintage similar type of horns in old bikes etc. that just look unserviceable .
Outside of grinding off the metal pieces that hold the horn together and cleaning or replacing the guts what will make em work?

spmdr

Diamond Level Sponsor
I have taken the horns off all of my Tigers, to block the "horn holes"

BUT, the horns that I have played with seem to be quite Voltage

sensitive.

Some make NO sound using just a Battery!

BUT, fire up the engine and the added charging system voltage

Magically makes the Horns PLAY.

YMMV

DW

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
Ok so I'll start by hooking up to a 18 volt cordless tool battery..

Typical automotive horns can draw 5-6 Amps at 13.8 volts and might pull 7-8 Amps at 18 volts.

The guts are pretty simple; basically just a speaker with a return spring and breaker points.

Last edited: