• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Hood Striker

Tomd2000

Silver Level Sponsor
Trying to figure out why my hood will latch securely, but then lifts up about at quarter of an inch. The hood striker is wobbly on the hood bracket. I’m guessing that may be the issue. Are hood strikers supposed to have a good amount of play or be pretty stiff?

alpine_64

Donation Time
I would assume it is still locked in but sitting ajar, so it's on the secondary latch , it's not getting on the primary catch. Sometimes the tab that holds the hand the blind riverts are loose and allows movement..sometime the catch is sitting to far forward...or the striker on the bonnet may not be fully aligned.

Acollin

Donation Time
A little lubrication on the moving bits of the latch might go a long way if alignment is good.

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
The mushroom part should hold it securely shut on its own. The hook part is a secondary safety device. Make sure that the edge of the mushroom is sharp and locking tight against the lock bar. The sticker should be tight to the bracket and the hook should be properly in position and move positively when the release is pulled.

Tim R

Tomd2000

Silver Level Sponsor
The mushroom part should hold it securely shut on its own. The hook part is a secondary safety device. Make sure that the edge of the mushroom is sharp and locking tight against the lock bar. The sticker should be tight to the bracket and the hook should be properly in position and move positively when the release is pulled.

Tim R
Thanks! I haven't gotten a chance to fiddle with it this weekend. I'll try tomorrow. Sounds like I need to tighten the striker to the bracket.