• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Holley Sniper 2300 TBI

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Dan, You would just have to build a upper plenum with a 2 barrel Holley mount. Sounds pretty easy. I had an idea on converting to a 200 straight six duraspark distributor with a 2.9/4.0 gear and drive or Ranger V6 EDIS with trigger wheel for ignition.

mr.vman

Donation Time
Interested in Fuel Injection for my 2.8. Appears the throttle body flows over 500 CFM could be too much air flow for out small V6? We also use much more lift and duration in the camshaft. Could that be a problem for the built in MAP sensor? It does look to be an interesting option, curious how this works out and what information is out there. I did watch the Holley video and online information. Applications for V8's, some 6 cylinders, nothing listed for a small V6 or even a four cylinder.
Steve V.

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Steve, CFM in EFI is regulated so it is different than with carb. The Buick 300 Stroker V8 I helped with has a 1000cfm throttle body. The new 2 barrel is meant for 4, 6 and small V8 motors. The HP rating and CFM are really max numbers. In Port fuel injection the cam should have a 112-115 lobe center for a good idle. Most performance cams are around 110. That said, the popular E cam in Ford small blocks has 110 and idles fine. I don't think TBI is as sensitive as Port fuel injection.

Last edited:

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Also, I wouldn't go over 220@.050 duration or high overlap. You need good vacuum at idle. Manifold vacuum at distributor may help also. You would have the same issues with too big of cam on carbed motor.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Id be interested in the Holley version for my runner. It wasn't converted with the Jose kit so it sits higher. Can't run the 390. Still has the stock Ford manifold.

Anyone doing this I'd appreciate hearing about how it worked out.

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
Steve, CFM in EFI is regulated so it is different than with carb.

Say what?

Just like a carburetor, airflow (CFM) with the Sniper EFI system is "regulated" by the throttle body which is controlled by a mechanical linkage to the driver's right foot; all the Sniper EFI system does is provide the correct amount of fuel for the airflow.

Just my opinion, YMMV.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
My V6 is pretty much stock. Now, my project car.... Ain't.

Thanks. I'll review the links. I need to figure out the height including the air cleaner.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
2.jpg Dan, Mike removed the tall aluminum spacer and use two of the stock plastic ones. He shows the comparison in one of the pictures. The Ranger intake is pretty low without the spacers.

Last edited:

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Dan, You could use a aluminum 2 barrel spacer to get even lower, similar to what Morana Racing did with the 4 barrel spacer in this pic:
2.8 intake.jpg

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
Barry, Regulated is not the right word. Fuel injection is better at maintaining A/F ratio by regulating the air flow. The ratings are max airflow ratings. This article explains it better than I can:
https://www.motor.com/magazine-summary/performance-perspectives-efi-throttle-bodies/

Jim,

Granted that EFI does a better job of maintaining A/F ratio, but it does NOT do so by "regulating the air flow." It does so by controlling the amount of fuel that is supplied.

Again, airflow (CFM) with the Sniper EFI system is "regulated" by the throttle body which is controlled by a mechanical linkage to the driver's right foot.

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Barry, I agree with you. I was just trying to explain why the high CFM ratings are different than carbs and are max ratings.