• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Holley 2 barrel for Ranger Intake

wile coyote

Donation Time
In the process of a V6 conversion with an 85 Ranger donor. Once the engine was taken down, I found it in surprisingly good shape. If I use the stock manifold and carburetor, where is the best place to block off the EGR system? Do you make a blocking plate on top of the manifold, or cap off the two ports on the carb spacer? If I use a Holley, as above, does it block the port on the manifold?

I had planned on using the Offy and Holley combo, but the costs of everything are mounting. Once running, I could always go back and switch out the manifold and carb.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
If you want to use the Mustang/Bronco/Ranger 2 BBL manifold, I've had really good luck using the Weber
38/38 on it. Easy to set up. fits really well and has excellent performance. If you buy from Redline, they will set it all
up for you. Not too bad price wise either.

Cheers!
Steve

jzuk7

Donation Time
I used the stock mustang manifold and carb. The carb is a motorcraft 2150 with a 1.08 venturi, which is very easy to rebuild. The 1.08 will cost more than the other 2150s as those are popular with Jeep CJ guys. But it is still a cheap option for a carb. My set up runs great. For the EGR, I was going to make a block off plate, but I just put the EGR back on and blocked off the vacuum lines. My plan was to just get the car running, then later look at getting the 4 barrel carb and offy manifold or EFI.

Joel

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
I agree the 2 barrel should be cheaper than the 4 barrel carb, but think of the money you save by using the stock 2 barrel intake instead of the Offy! I like the Autolite 2 barrel carb also. The 350 Holley 2 barrel Avenger that I mentioned is just their newest version.

Last edited:

Charles Johns

Donation Time
I used the stock mustang manifold and carb. The carb is a motorcraft 2150 with a 1.08 venturi, which is very easy to rebuild. The 1.08 will cost more than the other 2150s as those are popular with Jeep CJ guys. But it is still a cheap option for a carb. My set up runs great. For the EGR, I was going to make a block off plate, but I just put the EGR back on and blocked off the vacuum lines. My plan was to just get the car running, then later look at getting the 4 barrel carb and offy manifold or EFI.

Joel
The 2150 carb #108 is 287 cfm which is perfect for a street V6. I am an ASE certified engine builder and the single biggest problem car-guys do is over carb an engine. There are formulas for carb size on-line that compare cubic inches and RPM range to cfm in carbs. The one you have is an excellent choice. For those saying a 4 barrel should be considered...NO WAY if you are not going racing!