• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

HLM replacement air filter

g.boat

Donation Time
Gents,

I use my car on a daily basis. What is the best option for replacing the stock gauze trumpets ?

I have been to ITG in the UK who will make me a bespoke sandwich type case with their filter material (about £130 but cheaper with any extra orders). I could also go down the route of having spare trumpets spun to accept ITG sox as a cheaper alternative.

Thought I'd check with those in the know first.

Andy

65beam

Donation Time
air filter

as much as i hate to say it, contact victoria british. they have a chrome replacement with a washable filter . it's has to be better than the originals since they had no guaze at all . they were there to stop rocks, not to filter dirt .

g.boat

Donation Time
Thanks Beam,

I've had a look at their site, thats the sort of thing I'm after but thought there might have been more alternatives ? Why the reservation at VB ??

Andy

mikephillips

Donation Time
VB stuff falls int 3 categories, correct, works but not correct, and doesn't work. And they don't really have car expertise, they just sell stuff. So you have to be careful when dealing with them.

g.boat

Donation Time
Mike,

Thanks for the heads up, I think I'll go back to ITG and see what they can do for me ! I'll post the results

Andy