• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Hillman IRS part?

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
We're trying to identify the rear hub and outer stub axle that is on our Elva Mk6. It does not appear to be an official Elva part. We're wondering if it might be a Rootes part. It has a 4.5" bolt pattern. And the bolt that holds the hub to the axle is actually metric. I don't know when English cars would have started using metric on parts like these.

At least one other Elva MkVI does have the same hubs, but most have a different one. We have looked at Triumph and Datsun with no luck.

Thanks for any help.

IMG_4791.jpg

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
We're trying to identify the rear hub and outer stub axle that is on our Elva Mk6. It does not appear to be an official Elva part.

At least one other Elva MkVI does have the same hubs, but most have a different one. We have looked at Triumph and Datsun with no luck.

Thanks for any help.

Jay,

My suggestion was from a quick search for 510 hub pics and I think I found some with that general shape - but front hubs. Upon looking at your hub pic, is it possible that your hub has actually been lightened from a round or rectangular shape? The edges of your hub appear to have been hand ground leaving some irregularities that should not be present in a machine formed piece. I think possibly the best identifying aspect might be the shouldered studs. I am guessing those shoulders are for locating the brake disk or drum instead of the hub central register. I don't recognize the studs but someone else might.

HTH