• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

HERITAGE CERTIFICATE

65beam

Donation Time
I just received the Heritage Certificate for the series 4. This is researched and put together by the Rootes Archive. I have the certificate for the RHD Harrington and have 3 more to come.img002.jpg

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Now Bob, That is what I'd say is a very nice Record!

I my have to give it a try for a couple of mine.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Pity they got the engine spec incorrect, the alpine was the hig compression spec of engine in the rootes range...but it wasn't the low 8.3:1 listed on the certificate

65beam

Donation Time
Maybe you should contact the Rootes Archive and tell them that their records are incorrect or you could suggest that they have a training session on how to correctly read the records or suggest that they proof read the records to make sure they're correct. I don't know their procedure for doing these certificates but maybe you can get the problems that you see corrected. Everything else seems to match other than we have added several items over the years. 107_0993.JPG The wife is happy with what she paid for so it goes back to an old saying, " A HAPPY WIFE MAKES FOR A HAPPY LIFE". Those are the facts.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Sunbeams, had something to be desired in bookeeping .
I remember when I got a," why don't you know that a more than one Tiger has the same rear end number."

alpine_64

Donation Time
Sunbeams, had something to be desired in bookeeping .
I remember when I got a," why don't you know that a more than one Tiger has the same rear end number."
Warren while the tiger ledgers are sloppy, this will be an error on the part of the person typing the certificates at the archive.

The error is more confusing as its more than a digit off... The stock series IV alpines (high compression) were 9.1:1 ( as was the series II and 3) the series I and V had a CR of 9.2:1.

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
I bought a certificate from the Rootes Archive, too. It is a really nice document to have. I had multiple reviews of drafts and I asked for multiple updates before the final version was produced. So the buyer has the opportunity to fix any anomalies. They were super nice and I was happy they accommodated the changes I wanted.

Mike

65beam

Donation Time
I bought a certificate from the Rootes Archive, too. It is a really nice document to have. I had multiple reviews of drafts and I asked for multiple updates before the final version was produced. So the buyer has the opportunity to fix any anomalies. They were super nice and I was happy they accommodated the changes I wanted.

Mike
I've done the same thing .

alpine_64

Donation Time
Bob,

The FACTS are the certificate states the engine as high compression and then lists it as 8.3, not a standard compression ratio, much lower than it. This is an error on the certificate.. Irrelevant to whatever mods are on your car.

The FACT is it's an error on your certificate. As Mike pointed out they apparently send drafts for audit. I guess if you didnt spot the error or were unaware of the compression ratio of alpine motors and didnt raise it at the time they would not replace it as you had the chance.

As a memeber of the archive i will contact them and point it out. I'm sure others actually want the correct specifications. Maybe its just yours that was done in error.....

alpine_64

Donation Time
There is no argument Bob. The FACT is the sheet is wrong. Its ok if you dont care about the error or misinformation you paid your money and like what you got.

Enjoy the game.

65beam

Donation Time
The mailman dropped off the Heritage Certificate for the wife's series 5. We know this car was in the San Francisco area from 1970 to when we bought it in 1994 so it was probably in the area when new. img007.jpg

65beam

Donation Time
After Doug restored the body we did make a change to the car from the way it was when it left the factory. This car has never had and still has NO RUST. I just noticed the electric wires and clouds reflect in the paint.100_0545.JPG

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Dan,

The certificate cost was £49.00 GBP, which is currently about $63 USD.

I supplied the year of manufacture, the series # and the info on my VIN tag - the VIN, suffix, and color code. I don't know if I needed to provide anything more than just the VIN.

Mike

65beam

Donation Time
Bob has asked that I supply them with the complete VIN, SAL number and color code if possible. They can use just the VIN but the other two infos help confirm things. The VIN number tells them what series it is and the time frame when it was built. The year on the title doesn't figure into the process due to the cars being titled in the year sold in most states in the U.S. My series 4 was built in 1964, titled a 1965 and I have found this on my other cars. My four fastbacks were built in 1968 but are all titled 1969 and the other two Harringtons are titled 1963. My early series 1 with the square plate like the one shown in the SS catalog is titled 1960. Roger from the Archives was at the TE/AE United this year and since I had the certificate with me and displayed on the windshield we talked about the procedure. The cost shown is 49 GBP but that varies due to the exchange rate. The one shown was 54.23 GBP including shipping cost which today is $69.84 US dollars.