• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Here she is...

napa 1

Donation Time
Thanks Bull... I haven't gotten around to installing your shock retrofit kit on her..but it's on my list of things to tie up.

cdk84

Donation Time
Gorgeous Harrington Le Mans

What a tremendous job of bringing a fine car back to terrific condition. Congratulations!

Thanks for sharing the images of your stunning car.

A couple of questions, please: what displacement and state of tune is your engine, and were the arm rests with the car when you acquired it?

Thanks very much in advance for your response. Great job! and the weather's turning, so you could be out soon for more enjoyment --oh, you're in Cali; you're probably out right now...

Regards,

David

napa 1

Donation Time
Hi David. Thanks for the kind words. It was a lot of fun to restore. I have a rebuilt 1725 in it at the moment as I slowly rebuild it's original motor. I built the armrest/knee bolsters using a patten sent to me by another lemans restorer. I have all patterns and dimensions if anybody needs them.

napa 1

Donation Time
Yes, those too. Although I'm ready to ditch the zeniths on the 1725 and just go with the weber again like I had on the series I. makes life soooo much easier.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Absolutely beautiful, hope to catch you at a show once this covid-19 goes away. Are the tail lights original for that year? They have a Ferrari look to them.

napa 1

Donation Time
Absolutely beautiful, hope to catch you at a show once this covid-19 goes away. Are the tail lights original for that year? They have a Ferrari look to them.
Hey there. Thanks for the kind words. It's great to revisit this old thread, I just drove her a bit this morning and it puts a smile on my face every time.
Yes, Those are the orgianl style tail lights, although iI took the liberty of making the outside one light/brake, the middle one orange for signals and the inside ones white for reverse. That is not the original configuration, but i just thought it would be cool. I beleive those Lucas made light units were shared with many other makes at the time, Austin Healey for one and Yes, I think they might even have been used by Ferrari.
index.php

alpine_64

Donation Time
John,

Your Harrington LM is about the only one i really like...the black makes the proportions of them better.. Less bulky from the rear 3/4 and certainly makes them decent from the front and side... Alyways thought they gave them to mucb rear seat headroom which made the top quite tall and rear wheel arches appear small.. Especially with the dropping rear guard line accentuating that... The finned cars striaght guard helps reduce the visual bulk of the top.

napa 1

Donation Time
Thanks.

I must say that the Le Mans looks much more balanced and classic looking in person than any 2 dimensional photo can show. It's a very striking car in person and the design cues make more sense when you can see the entire car in 3 dimensions.

The Embassy black and Scarlett red combination really does make the car pop.

John,

Your Harrington LM is about the only one i really like...the black makes the proportions of them better.. Less bulky from the rear 3/4 and certainly makes them decent from the front and side... Alyways thought they gave them to mucb rear seat headroom which made the top quite tall and rear wheel arches appear small.. Especially with the dropping rear guard line accentuating that... The finned cars striaght guard helps reduce the visual bulk of the top.