• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Here she is...

napa 1

Donation Time
Well, she's finished and I finally got some time to put some pictures together. What a great car to own and drive! Thanks for all the help and support along the way. I definitely could not have completed it without the support of the SAOCA. More photos to follow. Hope they show up clearly. If not perhaps I could post a link to an album or something.
More photos in next post.

Attachments

• Harrington (110).jpg
    Harrington (110).jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 411
  • Harrington (101).jpg
    Harrington (101).jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 428
  • Harrington (74).jpg
    Harrington (74).jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 348
  • Harrington (77).jpg
    Harrington (77).jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 312
  • Harrington (47).jpg
    Harrington (47).jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 370

napa 1

Donation Time
Interior shots, Wilton Wool carpets and leather...

Attachments

• Harrington (24).jpg
    Harrington (24).jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 282
  • Harrington (36).jpg
    Harrington (36).jpg
    26 KB · Views: 228
  • Harrington (46).jpg
    Harrington (46).jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 225
  • Harrington (37).jpg
    Harrington (37).jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 193
  • Harrington (45).jpg
    Harrington (45).jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 188

napa 1

Donation Time
Dash sub panel, stereo under the seat controlled by ipod and remote in the arm rest. Door panel bolsters recreated using scale drawings provided by a previous Le Mans restorer.

Attachments

• Harrington (26).jpg
    Harrington (26).jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 229
  • Harrington (40).jpg
    Harrington (40).jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 239
  • Harrington (44).jpg
    Harrington (44).jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 224
  • Harrington (38).jpg
    Harrington (38).jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 229
  • Harrington (39).jpg
    Harrington (39).jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:

napa 1

Donation Time
Engine Bay, spare tire area, seats..

Attachments

• Harrington (52).jpg
    Harrington (52).jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 194
  • Harrington (56).jpg
    Harrington (56).jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 192
  • Harrington (60).jpg
    Harrington (60).jpg
    42 KB · Views: 257
  • Harrington (97).jpg
    Harrington (97).jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 227
  • Harrington (92).jpg
    Harrington (92).jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 220

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
Hypnotic! Sunbeam designers were on a roll when they fired off this bad boy. Unreal restoration. Hats off to the one of the nicest Sunbeams I've ever seen.

65beam

Donation Time
is

john,
it's come a long way from the car many of us looked at for 30 years. I guess you have kept Tigerless TT up to date on your progress. I like the addition of back up lights in place of the directional lights.

Hillman

Gold Level Sponsor
That's one lovely car. But..... isn't the screw holding the headlight rim made of stainless steel rather than the original nickel?

Just kidding, beautiful job.

Al

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
What a difference from when I last saw it in TT's garage! Good job. Eric

RootesRich

Donation Time
Well done John! I absolutely love the dash sub panel. Very inspiring.
On one of my next trips out to the Bay Area I'm going to have to stay an extra day to hopefully see your car in person (and finally after all these years put a face to the name).

napa 1

Donation Time
Thanks all for the kind words.
Yes, color is embassy black, with scarlet interior.
The gauges for my homemade sub panel were made by SAOCA member Paul breuhan to match the jaeger gauges.
2 center switches are for the fog and spot lights
2 outside switches with warning lamps are for the...um...gulp...heated seats.

65beam

Donation Time
is

what do you have mounted on the glove box door? I know there is the Harrington emblem but is that a guage?

napa 1

Donation Time
Sadly the original? owner had mounted the clock in the glove box door, because the clock location has a unique road ice detector in it, so I was forced to keep that modification...although it does seem to look ok.

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
I've always noted that any car that is impeccably restored raises most everyone's attention at shows, auctions and on the street. John, with your perseverance, devotion to perfection, application of personal and subtle touches to the unique Harrington Le Mans -- well -- it will send chills of excitement through all that view this black beauty. Do, yes do, enjoy every moment driving around. But, remember you have the duty to share the history of the Harrington with all that say, "I have never seen one of these."

napa 1

Donation Time
Agreed. People are very taken with it, and want to know all about it. Even the mechanic at my local import garage didn't charge me for a brake safety inspection because he said it was "just such a pleasure to see one".

Last edited: