• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Help with ignition

nickv

Donation Time
Hi,
My series V runs fine, but just developed an issue. The entire ignition switch has always been a little loose and has been turning ever so slightly over the last year and a half I've had the car. It almost turns real easy now back and forth. Problem is the car will not stay running unless you hold the key to the on position. Is this switch that has gone bad or does something need to be tightened? I haven't climbed all the way under to see, but feeling around, I could not feel any kind of nut so far.
Is this an easy fix?
I would appreciate any and all help. I'm still learning this car.
Thanks,
NickV

RootesRacer

Donation Time
There is nothing to tighten.

The switch is either disintegrating or the internal contacts have loosened.

You need a new switch and pass your lock tumblers to the new switch so your current key still works.