• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Help identify these....

jmthehermit

Donation Time
As I was sorting through one of my parts buckets I came across these two items. The first one is a lighter with a wooden knob that might be walnut. I sanded it with 220 to reveal the grain. The metal coil assembly is marked casco 6V. The other knob is plastic and also brown in color, which might be faded black. Markings are PUSH in the center screen above and washer below. Disregard the white as it's only chalk dust that I used to highlight the letters. As far as I can remember, the earliest car I stripped was a basket case Series 3 GT in a yard years ago. So the question is are these for Series 3 or earlier series or are they non Sunbeam items? Pics below, and thanks for the help. Jeff

alpine_64

Donation Time
Sorry,

but these are non-sunbeam items. The S3-V and tiger used the casco lighter with a black knob similar to the windscreen washer pumps knob. it has a chrome collar and is the same as used on Jag XKE, MKII and 420g
The SI/II cars used a smiths lighter i think.. but again.. black.

There used to be some pics on the forum

jmthehermit

Donation Time
Thanks Michael, I've got the black knobs on my Series IV and Tiger lighters and windshield washer pumps. About the only pieces I ever scrounged out of junk yards were for Sunbeams and 63 Cadillacs. Maybe they came off of some other LBC and were just used in a Sunbeam dash. The washer knob did fit on my washer pump though. And I know they're not for a Cadillac! Jeff

sunbeammadd

Donation Time
That washer knob looks kind of familiar. It's definitely not Alpine, but I wonder if it could be from a different model of Sunbeam?

jmthehermit

Donation Time
The more I think about it, I do remember going thru a 4 door Hillman. I wanted to check the front spindles but was short on time. So I just grabbed whatever was of use off the dash. I'd like to get back to that junk yard soon but it's an eighty mile drive to get there. Jeff

AlpineIan

SAOCA Founder
The black knob is from a SI & SII Alpine windscreen washer pump. It was different than the S3, SIV and SV. This one still has the white paint... which flakes off on a lot of cars.

The wood knob is not a factory lighter.

jmthehermit

Donation Time
Thanks for the info on the washer pump knob Ian. As said, the white was only chalk dust used to highlight the detail. At least I can tag it and bag it now. Jeff