• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Hello - I'm a wannabe Sunbeam owner

RobinRob

Bronze Level Sponsor
Hello Sunbeamers!
I just joined this group and am not -YET- a Sunbeam owner.
I have admired the cars for years and years and am finally in the position to buy the right car. I'm really looking for a 1960-1963 Alpine Series 2 with a hard top. I live in the pacific northwest and you all know about our rain out here. But when the sun comes out... oh glory!

I'm here to learn more about Sunbeams and hopefully find someone wanting to sell theirs or hook me up with a seller.

Thanks so much - I look forward to being a part of this group.
~Robin

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
Welcome Robin. I live in the Spokane area (Mead). I have every series Alpine and some rare production models. The Pacific Tiger Club (PTC http://www.pacifictigerclub.com/) is a wonderful organization with most participants on the West side of Washington State. In the recent newsletter there was an ad for a Series II with hardtop I will provide a personal message via this site with the contact information.
Cheers
Jerry

RobinRob

Bronze Level Sponsor
Jerry,
So good to hear from you!
I've stated a conversation with the owners of the car you mentioned- I'm so excited, this may work!
Thanks again
Robin

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Wow. That was quick. I hope it works out for you. If not, you might want to expand your search to include S3 cars. There weren't as many of them, but they still have the finned look of the SI and SII, along with some refinements not found in the earlier cars. Original hardtops for the S3 are more expensive though, although you might be find an aftermarket one that meets your needs.

RobinRob

Bronze Level Sponsor
Thanks Jim!
I really like the rounded back window on the series 1 & 2 and am willing to hold out until the right car comes my way. I've waited years already, I'm a patient woman!
Robin